This was actually written a few months ago, but I feel it is still appropriate today~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been thinking this through all morning, so be prepared, this could be a long one.
WAY back when, actually it was around the end of June of last year, I said I wanted to lose this weight..again. I am a lifetimer from about 13 years ago..got way too thin and obviously gained it all, plus some, back. I've gone back to WW many times in between..lose, gain, lose gain..you all know the song. Not a pretty one, either.
One day, I was on line, before I knew anything about Bootcamp (this was before there was a Bootcamp), before I knew about 3FC or had even looked at the WW site. On AOL, I happen to stumble upon a weight loss message board, and wrote how hard it is to do this, how I want to but just don't seem to have the willpower....whine, whine....
Someone answered me with~what I can only now call a real Bootcamp mentality! She, and I can't for the life of me remember her name or how I even got to her, told me simply "do it". No one can do it for me...just get off my duff..make up my mind that this is the way it is going to be, and THAT'S IT! At first I was hurt..after all, I wanted some sympathy and support, not a kick in the ****. BUT after rereading and thinking it through, she was right. I made up my mind at that time that this was it for me. And I haven't looked back...ever.
Then I found the WW board, and through there the 3FC site and the rest is history.

The thing is...my attitude has changed. It has changed the way I take care of my family, and myself, it has given me so much more self confidence. It's all in the way you think about it. Attitude. It may not happen for all of you at once. Maybe you need a few kicks in the **** to get it, maybe not. But once you get it, really get it..it's there for life. That's what we are all about. NOT a diet..NOT lose weight for a special occassion...NOT lose for somebody else. You are doing this for YOU. For your HEALTH. For your BODY. FOR YOU.

But you need the attitude to go along with it and get you to your goal...

So for those of you struggling with weekends, holidays, birthdays and so on..just keep in mind..there will always be weekends, holidays, birthdays and so on. Are you going to go off program for each of these? I think NOT! At least not around here.

------------------
Laurie~~ Some people dream about success...while others wake up and work hard at it.
~~One of the "original" BCB's since Oct.1999~~ www.picturetrail.com/laurdee