Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips & Tricks For The Mind

Default Re: Tips & Tricks For The Mind

just found this and read it all and want more. Food for my head, thank you for the thoughtful insightful "things"
    Tracking is my new normal
    goal reached 1999 and 2011 and 20??

My pleasure Cheryl!

#20 - If you want to make excuses, remember there are people with excuses many times worse than yours who still get it done.

#21 - What's more important to you, that late night snack or liking that number on the scale the morning after?

#22 - Good or bad, remember that a half-pound is 8 ounces. And, a medium-sized apple weighs approximately 5 ounces. A half pound really isn't a big deal.

#23 - If you look up the definition of the word "comfort," there's nothing in there mentioning food.

#24 - You can't fail if you never quit.

#25 - Whatever the holiday or noteworthy date, the goal of it is not "Gain two pounds in one day." Never stop thinking about what you are eating just because it's not a regular run of the mill square on the calendar.

#26 - If you sense you are getting derailed with your weight management efforts, quickly get back on track as if your life depended on it - because it does.

Replies

These are ALL so good Super. Keep them coming! How is your journey going??
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Thanks Trudie - BTW, I love the new profile picture! The journey is good so far. Still a long way to go!

#27 - If you think "It's only one or two days, what's the big deal?" then be prepared to find out that the big deal is a gain of two to three pounds. (Yes, it can happen.)

#28 - It's hard to be regimented and absolute with respect to your relationship with food. It's also hard to go through life overweight. Pick a side.

#29 - Find yourself a fitness idol/role model. That of that person each time you are about to mindlessly reach for food.

#30 - A little sunlight can do wonders for your mood. You don't want too much - skin cancer is very bad. But, if you go too long without feeling the sun's warmth, it's also not good for you.

15. Default Re: Tips & Tricks For The Mind

Very good point. Some of the times when we feel hunger it can be mistaken for thirst. And more water does decrease hunger pains so a win win plan!

#31 - Have an "anchor." Use it to keep you in a position of focus or as a way to pull yourself back on track.

#32 - If you're eating because you are bored, then get busy (so you won't be bored).

#33 - Don't ever eat when sitting in your car.

#34 - If you're out of shape, and do nothing about it, what do you think will happen? It won't get better or even stay the same - it's only going to get worse. That's how it works, if you don't take some action to stop it.

#35 - If you think you're "OK" and don't need to do something, try some hard labor and then you'll see how bad you need to improve your condition.

#36 - The reason why you're not getting it done is an excuse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12