Thread: Something New and Exciting for the Forums!

Replies

Thumbs up Something New and Exciting for the Forums!

Greetings Boot Camp Buddies!

I have been working on a few things behind the scenes, and wanted to let you know of some changes.

We've unlocked the 'Training Manuals' section, so new threads can be started. The same rules to it, still apply. New threads should attempt to make an impact due to their words of wisdom, advice and encouragement. It says posts submitted here by Mods only, which will still be the case. It's open for all right now, but will be closed again soon. No Spam please!

Fortunately, for almost ALL of our current, actively posting members - Those of you who have stuck around with us daily, weekly, monthly. Post after post.
    You guys/gals are gonna be moderators!

It will be an optional role. You won't have to do anything. The things you can do, if you wanted, will mostly be related to forum organization, and spam control. I will also try to add some special features to distinguish our moderators. Each of the BCB Groups will have a super-moderator elected or assigned that will be able to have special privileges for group/thread organization.

In addition to new moderators, were are going to restructure the military type army ranks that everyone has. Actually, we are getting rid of them. They will be replaced by a 0-5 star system, based on the number of posts that you have.

That's all for now! We have lot's more planned, but don't want to reveal too much at once(or stay up any later)

Ciao

Replies

Default Re: Something New and Exciting!

Thank you!
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Replies

I was looking for the "LIKE" button. LOL

Thanks, Jason.
    Ann
    SW: 158.6 Dec. 10, 2010
    Goal weight: 137

Current weight 128.2 July 18, 2014🐾🐾🐾

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by JalepenoAnn View Post
    I was looking for the "LIKE" button.
    I think there is a way to add that to posts on the forums here. That'd be pretty neat, actually.

Anyways, I'm sure you guys have noticed the new stars replacing the army ranks.
    The old rank system was a great idea, but ended up being very complex(14+ ranks), especially when combined with other features..

This is how the new stars work. The first 3, are relatively easy to get. The last two will take, a lot of posts.

The numbers on the right are a peek at how many members are in each rank right now. These may or may not be adjusted in the future.
    I think its ok for now, and may help new members feel more included with the groups, and it gets us ready for some other neat things.

Mainly, adding some active moderators to the forums, and allowing our members a little bit more control of how groups are set up and organized.
    We are also going to be working on improving the Blogs - They've been on the back burner for a while because not a lot of use comes to them.

All of this is part of larger update to the entire healthdiscovery website that I am really excited about. I am working my tail off to launch it before the new year!
    We'll have our moderators before then, and you should notice some other small upgrades to the forums and site as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Replies

I can't open the attachment. Says I don't have privileges...
    Trudie

Replies

Well that figures!
    I spent all morning just trying to get it to attach lol

We're testing something new! Trying to get the forums to let us upload pictures from disk. Let me make some more adjustments, and then see if I can get you able to view them properly.

I'm really sorry you haven't had this feature for so long. I refuse to have to upload a picture somewhere else, and then link it by it's url. what a pain!

**update**
    Should be fixed! (other members will need to have at least 10 posts to see pictures)

Replies

Ah, speaking of privileges - I just remembered.

Anyone with 4 or 5 stars at the moment has some new stuff that they can do. Well maybe you could do it before, and we took it away - I don't remember.
    You should be able to rename, move, or remove your own threads and blogs now. Create/remove tags for them, create blog categories, and you can edit your posts without it saying *edited. Maybe some other things too... There's about 150 settings that I have to go through for each rank

Thanks Jace, cute little red heads too in the picture
    Tracking is my new normal
    goal reached 1999 and 2011 and 20??

Default Re: Something New and Exciting for the Forums!

Ditto, thanks for working so hard to keep the boards up and running AND keeping the spammers to a minimum. It's very appreciated for those of us who rely on this site to keep us strong and focused in our weak times (as well as helping us celebrate and keep it up during our strong times)!

Agree with Cheryl on your kiddos!!
    Bob

Replies

Thank you - thank you Don't let their looks fool you though! Almost 2 and almost 4. They can be a handful!

Keeping things up and running here makes me feel at least useful. I find the whole website programming thing a lot of fun anyways, so it's really no bother.
    Plus my mother would be very upset if anything ever happened to 'her baby' (and I don't mean me).

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by HealthD View Post
    Plus my mother would be very upset if anything ever happened to 'her baby' (and I don't mean me).
    I miss your mom not being here too.
    Trudie

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by HealthD View Post

Anyone with 4 or 5 stars at the moment has some new stuff that they can do. Well maybe you could do it before, and we took it away - I don't remember.
    You should be able to rename, move, or remove your own threads and blogs now. Create/remove tags for them, create blog categories, and you can edit your posts without it saying *edited. Maybe some other things too...
    Cool, I will have to check that out too!
    Trudie