Thread: Weight Watcher Stock falling

Default Weight Watcher Stock falling

Hello, I am back to WW after a bout with the big C. I have been on youtube a lot watching success stories. I found a couple videos that was talking about weight watcher stocks going down like some crazy number like 30%. What do you all think is the cause of this? Anyone have any theories?
    ************************************************** ***<br />Life is not about finding yourself.<br />Life is about creating yourself. --unknown<br /><br />sw193/cw177.6/wwg155/pg148

Replies

Default Re: Weight Watcher Stock falling

It has a lot to do with all of the free apps people are buying. In any case I still think it's the best program out there and will be loyal forever.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy541 View Post
    It has a lot to do with all of the free apps people are buying. In any case I still think it's the best program out there and will be loyal forever.
    This!
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

This is the only program I have been able to loose weight on, so I am a big fan too!!

Replies

I love the program, but I feel some changes lately. The WW magazine, that used to be very good, is terrible lately. I used to read the editorial by CEO, very inspiring, but gone.... Nothing really to justify the cost of the magazine. The web site is getting worse all the time. You have to sign in on the computer every time you log in, and you have to do it, if you want to have the full content. I Phone and Ipad app has only limited information, good for simple tracking but not for more complicated things. I'm not informes, but it seems to me, like they have been some changes in the company, and they are not fo r the better, so I'm not surprised the stock is falling.
    Elizabeth

Replies

I'm always signed in on my tracker. I adore my tracker. Sorry you're having problems. How is the program working for you

She was warned.

Replies

I am free, not at my personal goal, but WW goal. I use the tracker on the phone all the time, its a second nature for me. I love the program and want it to continue improving.

Replies

Well then you're making the program work for you. How bad can that be. I hope they get their electronics sorted out and I never want to lose my e tools.

She was warned.

9. Default Re: Weight Watcher Stock falling

It is because of my fitness pal and fitbit. They have free trackers. I personally like the points system compared to counting calories welcome back!

I hope they get everything turned around. Right now I am doing it on my own. It makes me kind of want to join and buy a new set of books though, just in case they go under. :-(
    ************************************************** ***<br />Life is not about finding yourself.<br />Life is about creating yourself. --unknown<br /><br />sw193/cw177.6/wwg155/pg148

11. Default Re: Weight Watcher Stock falling

I too used the point system years ago, it was a pain but it worked, made one very aware of portion sizes. Its amazing when one thinks what a serving size is and then when one measures it, it ends up being more then what you thought.

Replies

I believe it is a service based company that is trying to morf into an IT company, and doing a really poor job of it. They should just buy someone else's third party application and use it, because if their CIO and his team has not fixed that in three years they will be doomed.