Thread: I prepare my weekly meals in advance

Replies

Wink I prepare my weekly meals in advance

Hi there,

I can't stand the thought of having to come home and having to cook every night so I make all my meals on the weekend and then package them up so that it is just a matter of taking them out of the fridge or freezer when I leave in the morning - lunches and when I get home at night - dinner....

Today's menu was poached basa filets with tomato, garlic and olives, cauliflower and chick pea soup, boiled green beans, cabbage and potatoes with tuna and roasted chicken breasts to put on top of salad.

Any one else do this? what kind of foods do you make?
    SW 214 01/01/08
    CW 195.8 12/13/08
    WG 160

Replies

Default Re: I prepare my weekly meals in advance

It's a good plan and it's what I do too. My husband and I don't normally eat the same things. He cooks for himself and I do my own cooking. I plan 2 or 3 meals, make them on the weekends then rotate them throughout the week or freeze some of them. I package up individual servings with the meal and points on it. I have enough now that I could probably not cook for the next month. It really came in handy when I was sick last week and didn't feel like cooking. I was able to stay on plan instead of grabbing whatever.
    Ann
    SW: 158.6 Dec. 10, 2010
    Goal weight: 137

Current weight 128.2 July 18, 2014🐾🐾🐾

Replies

I do the same. At any given time in the fridge I have the makings of three meals. I'm a very traditional cook so there's meatloaf, chicken of some sort or the other, a WW turkey zucchini loaf recipe and a WW beef recipe. They all keep wonderfully. I also steam a bunch of green beans and zucchini to eat with the meals or on their own in some tomato sauce.
    I also have the makings of a two point pita bread sandwich at all times. Deli turkey and one point Pitas from Kermanig bakery here near LA. Tomatoes, red peppersm pickles, lettuce etc. I'm off of salads for a while.
    This all works very well for me.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Hi, do your meals for the week all go in the fridge, or do you freeze some? I fear that putting my lunch for the week in containers would be kinda gross by the 4th or 5th meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy541 View Post
    I do the same. At any given time in the fridge I have the makings of three meals. I'm a very traditional cook so there's meatloaf, chicken of some sort or the other, a WW turkey zucchini loaf recipe and a WW beef recipe. They all keep wonderfully. I also steam a bunch of green beans and zucchini to eat with the meals or on their own in some tomato sauce.
    I also have the makings of a two point pita bread sandwich at all times. Deli turkey and one point Pitas from Kermanig bakery here near LA. Tomatoes, red peppersm pickles, lettuce etc. I'm off of salads for a while.
    This all works very well for me.