Thread: Stress eating

1. Default Stress eating

I am under a lot of stress right now, probably not the best time to lose weight but I want to do this and it is honestly the only thing I really have control over right now.

What do you do when you want to stress eat? Work out, have some veggies?

2. Default Re: Stress eating

Hey, there. Have you had any luck getting into the other forums? I sent the ADMIN an email today, so hopefully soon I'll get some answers and pass them on.

As for your stress eating question....I am a BIG TIME stress eater. I've been stressed out A LOT lately as well, and I think the only reason I started WW on Tuesday is because my blood sugar was too high and my doctor had to put me on a second medication for it. I wish I had started before all this type II diabetes grabbed me a few years ago....but I can only look forward and not beat myself up about it.

I do try to keep fresh veggies around. I recently found out that sweet peppers aren't too bad - I eat them with carrots, broccoli, celery, and grape tomatoes. I can't eat them without Ranch, though, so I buy the Light Ranch. I think it's 4 points for a 1/4 cup, and that's A LOT of ranch. I usually only eat 2 Tablespoons at a time, but if I'm really stressed, I'll go ahead and eat the whole 1/4 cup with veggies - it takes a while to eat so I can calm down while I'm crunching. Seems to help.

I know fruit is 0 points, but they have lots of carbs, so I try to keep strawberries and blueberries as my "go to" fruits because they are lower....but I do have bananas, pineapple, mandarin oranges, etc, too.

My other secret weapon is sunflower seeds in the shell. They have a lot of fat, but it's a good fat. Also, they are 4-5 points for a 3/4 cup (in shell depending on the brand). To me it's worth it, because it takes me about an hour to crack and eat the whole serving. I get them from a whole foods place, so they have a lot less sodium than the regular ones you buy.

I'm trying to cut down on the time I spend eating, but I'm a big binge eater, so I'm used to eating constantly - and I mean CONSTANTLY, so I feel like I'm doing fine staying within points for now since it's been a while since I've cut down on my food intake.

My official weigh in day is Saturday, so I got on my scale today and discovered that I lost 7 pounds my first week! I know it'll be less lost per week from here on out, but I'm thrilled. I honestly wasn't sure I'd be able to stay on the program with all the stress I'm dealing with right now, but I did it! And so can you!!

When is your weigh-in day? Looking forward to hearing how you are doing!