Thread: Lots of arthritis

1. Default Lots of arthritis

Hey, everyone,

My first day here. I have lots of arthritis everywhere in my body and live in constant pain....however, I do notice that the more I move, the better off I am. Now that isn't to say I move very much. I need to be more conscious about moving more - especially in the summer. I'm a teacher, so I'm pretty active during the school year, but in the summer its hard. I live with my elderly mother and have no spouse or kids, so I don't have a lot to keep me busy.

I'm embarrassed to go to the pool, but I'm thinking I need to do it anyway. It's mostly hard for me because I weight 260, and I hate for the neighborhood kids (whom I see at school) see me so sparsely dressed. Except for the pool, I enjoy living in the same neighborhood where I teach. I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet. I've heard that pool exercise is great for those with arthritis.

Have a good day!

Default Re: Lots of arthritis

I am new here. I also have RA which I have had for over 10 years now. Luckily I have been able to get on some great mediciens that changed my life.

Are you on any medications??

Vickie

I also have bouts of arthritis and some days worse than others but have learned the more I make myself move it can help.

Replies

Going in the water takes the stress off your body and is helpful. Personally, I love walking and we do a lot of it here. At least 2 miles or more per day.

You know what the saying is "Use it or lose it". I have neighbours who are really in difficult circumstances due to just letting their illness overtake them. I won't bore you with details, but they never used a pool or walked period.

Good luck to all of us.

Ashlee
    Eat to feed your body, not to feed your emotions.

5. Default Re: Lots of arthritis

I can feel the pain. Arthritis is a very troubling joint disorder. If only you have taken precaution then you might have slowed down the process of getting arthritis. I wonder if there is any remedy which could reverse the arthritis. . I would recommend the consumption of Acai Berry Juice and Noni Juice. It is natural pain killer that's what I have heard.

My cousin has arthritis like you do. I recommended a beginning water aerobics class for her once and she loved it. She is very overweight and was also embarrassed to go to the pool in her bathing suit. However, after going, she could not stop going. She said the pool helped her a lot. Maybe the pool will help you as well.