Thread: Skinny Girl Wine?

Default Skinny Girl Wine?

Hi I'm Beth and I recently joined Weight Watchers. Six weeks ago to be exact. I have lost 11.7 lbs. I have a question about wine though. So if I use my phone app to scan the bar code on my skinny girl wine, and then figure out the points, it comes out to 1 point. But in the meetings and in the simple start booklet, it says to count a 5 oz glass of wine at 4 points. So what to do? Go by the nutrional value from bar code? Or count is as 4? I'm curious if becuase it's alcohol and has really no nutrional value, it's automomatcially 4 points?

By the Way, the Skinny Girl California White wine is awesome. Only 100 calories for 5 oz glass. Fridays I weigh in and I often treat myself to a glass of wine on Friday evenings as a treat. Just curious what to count it as.

Replies

Default Re: Skinny Girl Wine?

I like their wine too. It does not knock me on my a$&. You can't use a calculator on wine because of the alcohol. I've heard one point. I count 4 to be safe.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

3. Default Re: Skinny Girl Wine?

I'm curious what you decided. Skinny girl isn't the same make up as normal brands, so it stands to reason it *may* be less points? I don't want to fall victim to that mentality though. LOL I also don't want to "waste" points because I'm trying to be better safe than sorry. As my 12-year old would say, #fluffygirlproblems.

I still don't know LOL unusually never use my 49 extra points per week. So I usually just count as 4 and it comes off of those extra. But I have since found wine that is even fewer calories. Its "Love My Goat" both the red and the white are right around 80 calories. And very yummy!

Replies

You can find Skinnygirl wine in the Weight Watcher online tracker. Be sure to enter it as one word. For 5 oz of red or white wine the points are 3. That is only one point less than 5 oz of a good wine. I drink rarely these days and when I do I want it to be something really good.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies

I did not really like the Skinny Girl wine and would rather drink the real thing.

Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!