Thread: Picture uploads for profiles and avatars not working?

Replies

Default Picture uploads for profiles and avatars not working?

I'm not sure if everyone is affected by this, but there are currently some issues with the picture uploads system. You may or may not be able to properly upload graphics to the server at this time - due to a temporary roll-back of the upload module recommended by our software provider.

Aside from that, I really hate our current settings for picture uploads. I congratulate all of those who have managed to work with it.

I'm going to try and improve the module to for better storage of avatars, profile pictures, and other uploaded photos.
    I'd also like to add the functionality for the server to process and resize images accordingly.

We'll be able to do away with the resizing requirements, and increase the allowed file size for your picture uploads.

Default Re: Picture uploads for profiles and avatars not working?

Well that answers some of my questions. Thanks.
    Tracking is my new normal
    goal reached 1999 and 2011 and 20??

Replies

Hopefully all of them that I can help with! Let me know of anything else. I feel like I've been neglecting things here in the forums.

I did play with the settings a bit but haven't been back to them in weeks. I've been off updating the Articles section of the site. (which will hopefully be launched this weekend!)

Maybe within the next week(or two) I can take a look into this again and get something working.

Replies

Still working on this!

There doesn't seem to be an easy to way to make images resize automatically. If I change the settings for 'allowed' upload size, I can't get it to change the sizes after upload the way I would like. I know it should be possible, just taking some time to figure it out.

You may have noticed some users have larger avatars than others. That is because the 'allowed size' for their user-group was made larger during tests. I didn't really want the avatars to display larger, just the allowed size of the image upload.

Is there still anyone who can not upload a custom avatar? Even if it is within the current size constraints?