Thread: Argh...frustrated

1. Default Argh...frustrated

There are some groups I would like to get into even just to read....I feel penalized for being new

Replies

Default Re: Argh...frustrated

Keep Posting. It'll happen. None of us like the new rules.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Replies

Pdljmpr, I've gone ahead and manually promoted you.

I made the buddy groups private - so not everyone can 'just read'.
    You must show that you can participate in posting to get access.

I thought it was a good idea to protect the privacy of our members and future members who discuss their daily lives from anyone or anything(internet bots) eavesdropping or stealing personal information.

Did not know that nobody liked the new rules... I thought everyone was on board with the idea?

I'd be interested to hear feedback on how we can change things.

Replies

I didn't realize that no one liked the new rules either. That might have been a kind of broad statement. Personally I have no problem with them, but maybe that's because I've been around for so long and have a sufficient number of posts to be able to participate. I also belong to other message boards where you have a achieve a certain number of posts in order to be able to participate in certain of the boards so I didn't find this a problem. I do appreciate your concern with trying to protect the members of BCB.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    I didn't realize that no one liked the new rules either. That might have been a kind of broad statement.
    Perhaps.

I would totally agree that none of the new members have liked the changes in rules.
    I am still tweaking them, plus I haven't gotten around to writing a good guide explaining what new users should do to get access - so I understand the confusion and frustration.

The promotion system is really only meant to fool robots, and waste enough time to deter malicious users who would manually beat the system to abuse the forum. It shouldn't(and hopefully some day won't) be overly complicated for legitimate users.

It is something I'll work more on in the future.

Until then, just keep posting

Replies

I was not making a broad statement Luanne I have seen a bunch of new people not knowing what to do about posting and reading.

Admin I think you're doing fine. Change is hard for anyone. It takes time to adjust.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Replies

I just thought the words "none of us like" was pretty broad. I wonder if a lot of the old posters have even noticed them? As I said, these rules haven't affected me, I haven't seen them discussed on the board where I normally post, so I haven't seen a lot of posts from new folks who don't like them and are frustrated. Does sound like there may be a fair amount of dissatisfaction.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies

I cant even get into my profile for some reason.

9. Default Re: Argh...frustrated

I keep posting, but I can't even unlock my profile to update that. I was here before. I don't have a problem with the new rule, but it seems like the new rules are not set up so that they are automatically updated. It's very frustrating for me. No one who is a seasoned member reads thew newbie forums, so I can't even get support there. It's very frustrating.

Replies

Sorry for the long delay - I am usually very prompt with the promotions. We recently moved and I had been without Internet for a while. The 'new rules' were actually the basis of an automated system that was working. It is broken now though - so I am back to the drawing board.