Thread: access issues

Default access issues

I joinedn 2011 but didn't post so my account was suspendedd. I had my password reset this month and now I can post. I am not able to edit my posts, view or edit my profile, and after 25 + posts I have no rank.
    When I log in I still get the message-Welcome Back New Member! You have not been active since you signed up on the forums more than 60 days ago. Your account has been suspended. Please contact the forum administrator to re-activate your account.

Replies

Default Re: access issues

Annie- I went back into the moderator site again and updated your rank but there wasn't a save option so it won't stick! I can view your profile and see that it hasn't updated your status but my clearance isn't high enough to fix this! Hopefully Jace will check in soon and help you out!
    Kimberley

Replies

Hi Annie - Sorry for the troubles, we're still toying with the new rank system. I'll have to look further into this particular issue.

For now, I've manually added you into the automatic ranking que, where you should be able to gain normal member privileges such as editing your profile.

Kim, thanks for trying.
    It doesn't appear there's any way to give super-moderators the ability to change a members usergroup - which is what the new ranks are based on.

Anyhow, the automatic system SHOULD be taking care of all of this. Will be fixed soon!

Thank you, I am not getting the suspension message, I can view my profile, but I can't edit it.

Replies

You should be able to now - I ran another update of ranks (it takes a day or two for it to run an update on its own)

The profiles were being abused by new members signing up, and using them to spam off-site links without participating in the forum.
    Hence the unfortunate difficulty at low rank.

You can see the different clearances/ranks of the forum here http://www.healthdiscovery.net/vbull...?go=promotions