Thread: Lose It Fast, Lose It Forever

Default Lose It Fast, Lose It Forever

I’m in the process of reading Pete Thomas’ book, Lose It Fast, Lose It Forever.

Everything in the book is information that can and may have been seen elsewhere. But, Pete does an excellent job at culling what’s proven and important – and then presenting it in terms that anyone can understand. Further, if you’re a “newbie” to being healthy, Thomas’ book is a great source for learning what you need to know.

I’m not saying that his “Lost It Fast, Lose It Forever” program should be considered the gold standard for losing weight and keeping it off. But, for sure, I recommend reading this book as a supplement to your Weight Watchers journey. I am sure that you will find things in the book that are useful and reinforce what you are doing with Weight Watchers and/or give you reason to think about why you do what you do (or should or should not be doing).

Replies

Default Re: Lose It Fast, Lose It Forever

Steve have you finished the book? Does he promote a lot of artificial foods, processed foods? Just curious.
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Trudie - I'm about 1/2 thru it. And, he is so against processed foods and the like. That said, he does say, if you need to get off soda, try diet soda or something with an art. sweetener, and use that as a gateway to drinking more water instead. But, that's the only time, so far, that he's recommened any artificial foods.

Replies

Ok, thanks Steve. Speaking of soda, I have been off Diet Coke for a good 2.5 years now. I still miss it, but want to stay off aspartame. I do occasionally have a can of real Coke, or I sometimes buy "waist watchers" pop at the Mennonite store. It has splenda in it, probably not that healthy either, but I enjoy it once in a while. Are you still of diet coke?
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Sadly, I am back on the diet coke train.
    I swear it's addictive. At least, it is for me. No matter how smart I am, and I know that it's a glass full of chemicals that are bad for me, I still crave and enjoy it.
    Someday, some way, I hope to kick it. Right now, I am drinking about 16 to 24 ounces a day of it.

Replies
    Blog Entries

Super, I did get off of my diet sodas about four years ago. Hard, but water was what I would get. Then we did a six week car trip, and for bathroom stops, hubby won't let me just not buy something, so it would be a diet soda. Second time is extremely hard. No success at stopping them this go round. But I will make it. Did it once, I will do it again. I was feeling out of sorts that I couldn't stop, but think you are right, they must be addictive.
    Esther
    Goal 160
    SW 178
    Just do what you know to do!

husband has 3 diet cokes, i have 3 coffees. aren't they about the same as far as caffine?
    Tracking is my new normal
    goal reached 1999 and 2011 and 20??

Esther - thanks. In 2011, I went 7 months without having a diet coke or soda. And, I remember how hard it was in the beginning. I guess it's true when the say it takes weeks or months to break a habit; but, only days or a day to fall back into it. (I know WW members don't want to hear that! But, it's true.)

Cheryl - part of it, for me, is the caffeine. But, the other part is the carbonation. I find it filling.

That was a great book for a starter like me.