Thread: A Milestone Reached Today!!

Replies

Thumbs up A Milestone Reached Today!!

Hi'ya Buddies!

Just wanted to check in and share some happy news: You know that in Aug '09 DH and I did a month-long plant-based eating experiment here at Boot Camp Buddies. It then evolved into a high-nutrient plant-based diet in April '10, and DH was off his insulin first week!

I'm sharing this because it does fit in with Core and vegan WW parameters...

Today I am 15.4 lbs under WW goal and I am in my 130ies (139.6 exactly) for the first time since my mid-twenties (stayed there a minute) and in high school!! That's like 40 years ago! LOL!

Happy Day!!

Here's my first meal today: steamed collard greens, topped with Confetti Salad (finely chopped in food processor: red cabbage/onion/red pepper/celery/carrot/daikon radish/parsley), and homemade hummus, avocado, and a chopped kiwi. I use soymilk and soy yogurt instead of low-fat dairy. Still using a lot of my fave recipes, and I've discovered some more...

Still not deprived!

Best of luck to all my old Buddies. I've never forgotten the BCB Philosophy: 24/7/365.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Milestone Reached Today!!

Awesome!!!!!!
    ‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

Replies

Thanks, Sheri.

Replies

That's FANTASTIC Carol! I appreciate you checking in.
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Replies

Thank you, Trudie!

Great job! I am happy to see you still posting here!
    Teg

Thanks for posting!! Great news re your hubby and his diabetis - awesome on the weight loss too!
    J

Replies

Smile Re: A Milestone Reached Today!!

Hi again, Buddies! I received a BCB message from my website (I haven't posted there in about a year ) and decided I would fill you in again.

Now I am 133.6, and 21.4 under my WW goal!

I decided that at 65 I didn't really need "3 squares" a day, so I am eating at around 10:30 and again at 5. I'm eating when hungry and stopping right before I'm full.

Still eating high-nutrient plant-based: greens and beans each day. At least 1-big salad, for sure. Fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts/seeds for healthy fats (I use them in making my salad dressings). Still no dairy, meat, poulty, fish; no salt, oil, sugar (except for date sugar/paste/syrup), white flour, processed foods. (I just lost everybody, right? )

I did get a phone ap for "sleeping". It worked great. Then I decided, "Why not listen to weight loss affirmations while I do this?" so now I listen to "I Can Make You Thin" by Paul McKenna on my iphone or ipad at night. It's great for going to sleep, or going BACK to sleep if the moon wakes you up!! LOL. I don't know how much it has had to do with the continued weight loss, but I think for less than 10 bucks it was worth it...if just for the good sleep.

Hope everybuddy is doing well! I miss the salutes and the BCB Philosophy, which for me is where-it's-at!

Take Good Care, Buddies! I'll check in again later. I'm excited to maintain for 4-years (next April), and then 5. When I'm at 5 I will know I have reached a true milestone. Previously I was only able to maintain 4-years at most. I think I truly might be at the end of my yo-yo dieting, which started at 18...and hopefully will have ended when I turned 62. LOL. At least I never gave up!

9. Default Re: A Milestone Reached Today!!

Congrats to you and your DH! Getting off insulin is fabulous, as is the 130s.

Carol, I remember you from way back when. How are you doing on your plant-based diet?
    Tish
    Onward and Downward

11. Default Re: A Milestone Reached Today!!

I remember Carol- and how fun it was to follow her and communicate with her years ago on the forum. She always had positive things to say, and lots of helpful advice

Replies

Hey, Tish and Bridget Marie! I am still eating high nutrient plant-based. I added a template over it of Bright Line Eating rules: no sugar--no flour--3 meals a day--and, measure or use a 1-plate rule. Trying, finally to get to 127 or below. I am back to 3-meals a day and LOVE my breakfast of 4-oz cooked oatmeal, 6-oz chopped fruit, 3/8 oz walnuts and 4-oz home-cultured soy yogurt! YUM! I was almost there (127.8) and then went back to my low 130ies. Fall is always my BEST time to stay on track, so I am hopeful. Mainly, life is a breeze! I NEVER forgot my Boot Camp Philosophy...and credit it with many wonderful years here, AND helping me still today!

Best of luck, Everyone. (I'm looking for an old "stages of maintenance" post for a friend who is struggling).

Replies

Hey Carol!! OMGosh, I remember you too from years ago. How wonderful to see you have found something that you will be able to do for life Looks like it's working for you!! Looks scary to me!! LOL!! You sure are making it work. 130's is wonderful!!
    JeanetteSki