Thread: Upcoming New Site Design

Replies

Default Upcoming New Site Design

Hey All - Just wanted to post an update here with what we've been working on recently.

There's a lot going on with the test site that I have setup using the new site platform. I'm in the process of converting all of our old HTML data, into database type format. This will allow a more interactive viewing of our site.

For instance one of the things that will be coming, is an update to the restaurant guide that we have. Aside from adding more restaurants, the new guide will have the menu items listed in a format that can be filtered. For example, if your looking for menu items at your favorite restaurant that have chicken - you'll be able to type "chicken" into the filter, and it will only display menu items that contain the word chicken. You'll also be able to easily print the filtered, or complete menus with points and points plus values.

The same thing will be going on with the recipes. You'll be able to search for recipe by type or "tag" (main ingredients or preparation method).

This is currently where our focus is at the moment, however - the new site design will open up a lot of opportunities to do many other neat things that we will consider in the future.

Default Re: Upcoming New Site Design

Thanks, Jace. It all sounds good.
    Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:
    141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

Replies

Thanks for all your doing for this site!
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Replies

You all are very welcome - I really don't mind working on these things when I have the time.

As of now - The new site design is still under development. It is coming along slowly - converting the data that we have into tables, gets quite boring after the first 15 tables or so. It is very repetitive, and requires a lot of concentration(without interruption) to avoid errors. I've completed maybe 120.... out of about 600.

Plus, there is a bit more overhead work than anticipated as far as making sure the site switches over without too many hiccups.

But it WILL get done soon, or later. I promise.

In the meantime, I might tinker with the forums here a bit. The forums are not, and will not be affected by the new site structure. Though, we ARE trying to keep the visual theme for each the same - so that they look similar, despite being displayed using two different platforms.

Changes to the forum will be posted as usual.

I'll continue to post here regarding the actual site structure change and it's progress.

Replies

Still upcoming.... I hope no one was holding their breath!