Thread: Why can't I change my signature?

Default Why can't I change my signature?

I routinely update my signature to reflect weight loss to date. However, I've tried to edit my signature at least half-a-dozen times today and it keeps going back to my signature before I edited it. I can't seem to make any changes and have them stick. I'm doing it the same way I always have, clicking on "Settings," then "Edit My Signature" in the left hand column. After making the changes, I have tried just clicking on save or first previewing and then saving. Either way, even though it looks like it's correct, when I check again it's defaulted back to the previous signature information. Can you help me?
    SW-183 GW-143
    161 - 03/23/12 -- 8 (22 lbs to date)
    151 - 05/25/12 --10 (31 lbs to date)

Replies

Default Re: Why can't I change my signature?

We've been working a bit on our forums permissions for security. I've looked into this for you to determine why it's not letting you update your signature.

Our new forum permissions put a limit on the amount information you can include in your signature. This limit is set at 5 lines(less for lower ranks), but you can also include up to 3 images(again, less for lower ranks).

I may suggest using the Biography section of your user profile for this information - We've updated the profiles on the forum to be much more aesthetic. To keep the information included in your signature, you could create an image that you update with your tracking information, or include more information on each line.

Our changes are in testing right now, so we may eventually change this back and allow more lines to be used in signatures.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll fix it later when I have a bit more time.
    SW-183 GW-143
    161 - 03/23/12 -- 8 (22 lbs to date)
    151 - 05/25/12 --10 (31 lbs to date)

Replies

Hey Genoa -
    I noticed a few other users doing the same thing in their signatures - So we made an update to allow more lines for established members.

The lines and other permissions allowed increase with rank.

At rank 1, Private - users are allowed 1 line of plain text for signatures
    At rank 2, Private First Class - users are allowed 3 lines of text and can use styling
    At rank 3, Corporal - users are allowed 5 lines of text with styling, and 1 image
    At rank 4, Sergeant - users are allowed 10 lines of text with styling and can include links and 2 images
    At rank 7, Major - users are allowed 13 lines of text with styling, links, and 3 images
    At rank 10, Colonel - users are allowed 15 lines of text with styling, links, and 4 images