Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention All BCB Members!

Replies

Exclamation Attention All BCB Members!

I want to introduce myself here.

My name is Jason - I am the new administrator for this site and forum.

Now everyone down and give me 20!

Listen up! I want to see action on this site. I want to see blood, sweat, and tears! We're going to bring this site to it's new glory! It's programming has been sitting dormant for so long, with out any real updates. Now look at it! Broken links, and functions that no longer work... paaaathetic. At least the spammers haven't taken over yet!

--------------------------------------

On a lighter but also more serious note, I just wanted to let you all know I have recently acquired the administrative tasks of this site from my mother Denise, know on the forums as username, "mudpies".

From what I understand, this site has a long history of dedicated members. I know that Denise put her heart into making the site many years ago, and has probably helped countless people around the world with the content and family-like support only found here on the BCB Forums.

I am fairly proficient with network management and web development and know that I will be an essential benefit to the site and forums at HealthDiscovery. I will be trying to revive this site and forum, technically. Updating links, fixing contact emails, and adding new features. I will be administrating only technical aspects for the most part, but also plan to play a role on the board with administrative updates, and technical support for it's members. You will soon see a new section on the forums that will include these administrative tasks.

These things are not what is going to revive the site however. YOU are the ones who make this site what it is. Without the support of the members and leaders here at BCB this site would be lost on some hard-drive in a dead server. I look forward to getting to know BCB members personally. I'll be listening for your feedback on what you would like to see on this site, and working to provide you with upgraded functions and a better user experience when visiting.

Forward!! March!!

Default Re: Attention All BCB Members!

ok that got my attention and I did 20 pushups. Welcome Jason.
    Tracking is my new normal
    goal reached 1999 and 2011 and 20??

Replies

Hello Jason and welcome

Lol, give you 20 huh? I could, over a few hours...maybe.

Your mother is a wonderful women and I appreciate all she has done for this board over the years. Yes, this board has changed lives. It has changed mine. I am at my personal goal weight and am the healthiest I have ever been, and BCB has played a huge role in this. I have met so many wonderful people here that I call my friends. I have laughed with, prayed for, and cried with my BCB on line. Tell her we miss her and hope to see her posting again.

Thanks for taking this over for her. Just know, you better do a good job or I'm gonna tell your mom.
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Replies

Hi Jason, Welcome!
    Kathy
    Height 5'7"
    HW/SW-282 (10/6/05)*CW-241.0(02/28/09)*WWGW-159**Total Lost-41.0 lb
    WeightLossPics

Replies

Jason!
    Kimberley

Replies

Welcome Jason. Thanks for taking the reins from your mom. I don't know what we all would have done without her, and this site.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies
    Blog Entries

Hi Jason and welcome!

20 done!
    HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW
    250/192/194/157

If you build it, they will come?

I sure hope so. Good luck Jason. Thanks in advance for all your efforts.

May I suggest a sub forum for those who are maintaining and/or at lifetime? I always wondered why that was not here.
    Last edited by Super Bowl XLI; 04-11-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Replies

Hi Jason and welcome. Please let us know before you delete any big threads, if you do at all. Your mom is doing a great thing with this site glad to see it getting strong.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Replies

Thanks all for the warm welcome and kind words about my mother! For all those that actually attempted the push-ups, great job! I was only kidding though! lol

@super bowl - Thank you for the suggestion! I've added it onto the "to-do" list. You should see the new sub-forum start soon.

@peggy - There shouldn't be any deleting of content, especially large threads - However, I will definitely give everyone a heads up with any kinds of similar changes.

Whew! i can stop the pushups now? Those two just about did me in!

Welcome, Jason.
    "A merry heart does good, like medicine..." Prov. 17:22
    "If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right." Mary Kay Ash

Replies

Thanks so much Jason... I am a 10 year + member and I owe you guys sooooo much. The encouragement, support, ideas, advice and friendships have greatly enriched my life. You know the older guys on the board are a pretty active group. We have celebrated grandbabies, weddings, deaths, illness, and weight loss! I started here looking for recipes and now could not start my day without checking in with my buddies. We meet yearly and have become a tight group. Thanks for all you do.

Wow, I just come back here after years of being away and it looks like I looked in at a good time!

Thanks for grabbing my attention!

(and thank goodness I read to the end of the thread before going off to do the pushups!!!!)
    ...Kathryn
    (181/ 170/ 138)
    (HW/CW/GW)
    Been to goal three times using WW, twice for over a year but I'm way older this time and feel like I'm at war with my body. Height 64.5"

Aww Kathryn, you can still do the pushups.
    Tracking is my new normal
    goal reached 1999 and 2011 and 20??

Replies

I can't help but notice that there have been over TWO HUNDRED TWENTY views of this post, yet only TWELVE people have responded.

Is that the way your mamas raised you? I respect the rights/privacy of lurkers around here but it is JUST PLAIN RUDE for you to open this post, read that we have a new site owner/administrator and not take a few seconds of your time to wish him welcome.

Jason, I'm sorry. This is not the BCB your mother spent the past 12 years supporting. This used to be a community that welcomed each other, congratulated each other, supported each other. I couldn't agree more that this site needs ALL OF US. And, right now, they're letting you down. I'm really sorry to see this level of selfishness and ingratitude.

So, please let me say to you again. I hope the rudeness of hundreds doesn't diminish the gratitude of the dozen who have responded thus far and hopefully the many more to follow. (hint, hint).
    Kimberley

Welcome, Jason! I sincerely hope that this forum can be revived. I've gotten a LOT of help here (and written a lot in the spirit of helping others), but it does seem to be pretty dead most of the time these days. I've wondered why the big change - maybe people migrating to the social networks to get the same things? But if you can answer that question (why the dropoff in interest) and address it, maybe you can effect a turnaround.
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

Replies
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Jason. I haven't been around as long as a lot of people, and I don't have thousands of posts, so I don't know what it was like "back then." Those who have been around talk about how busy it used to be, and I'd love to see it happen again.
    Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

Welcome, Jason! I am fairly new here, I joined in October. In this short time, I have been welcomed and included in a wonderful group of ladies who have become an important part of my life. I believe it is an answer to prayer. I have wonderful support in real life, but I need this site to come to whenever I want and find the encouragement. I look forward to helping this place become better and better and will try to do my part! Thanks for the work you do and for making this place a better place technically, I will try to watch to see what changes are made.
    Sherri

Replies

Ah, Jason, welcome and thank you. I'm one of the few (if any others) that actually met your mom! I love Denise! We met in Florida a few years back (too many years), when I was on vacation. But, I've "known" her from the start of BCB, and that was a LONG time ago! We've been friends from the beginning. I don't post much, but am making an effort to reverse that.

So, thank you again, and again, welcome!
    Laurie
    Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.
    Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.
    Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.
    Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.
    Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
    Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Replies

I promise to check the general thread and basic message board everyday.... I have been stuck on our own site.... I need to make better use of the board. I came here because of the recipes. Help everyone. Let"s post some new things to try.

Replies

Hey Jason thank you for also writing in LARGE font so us bifocal folks can see and read it.
    Peg

Welcome Jason! I can't give you any pushups until I get over my bronchitis....How 'bout I cough ya 20?

I'm an old-timer, but my data got lost in an upgrade (I guess you can't miracle work my old posts out of the ether.....?), so now I'm a new-timer. I'd love to see this forum get up and shake its booty!
    Last edited by KrisD; 04-12-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

Welcome Jason and thank you.
    Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:
    141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

Replies

awww... so proud of my son! I've been burnt out and overwhelmed with trying to maintain the site... technology sped by and I couldn't keep up, but Jason.. he knows this stuff! I feel it is a great situation for Jason, myself and BCB! Fresh, young blood...

Kimberley, you're sweet, thanks for scolding some members, that always bugged me as well!

Laurie, yes.. we go sooooo far back!! BCB was really you and I in the beginning!

Yes, yes.. I've made a few members upset a time or 2 losing threads and posts as I updated the site and not really always knowing what I was doing, of course - one time was beyond my control, due to hardware issues, but I know Jason will always do his best! He knows how hard I worked on this site and he knows how important it is to me, so I know BCB is in good hands!!
    ~Denise~

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000
    Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

Welcome, Jason!
    Dandy
    SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130
    It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast