Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Strange WW Habit

Default Your Strange WW Habit

Since you started following the WW Plan, what's the one (or more?) strangest habits that you have picked up?

I have a lot of strange "rules" that I have made up for myself since joining WW.

One is that I never eat in my car unless I am eating carrots. Another is that, as I snack when I watch TV at night, I am only allowed to start a snack "on the hour" and that I cannot have another snack until the next hour. (For example, if I have a WW ice cream saucer at 8 PM, then I cannot have some grapes until at least 9 PM.) I also try and eat something green and something orange everyday. (I read that it's good for you. So, everyday, I make sure that I have a serving of spinach and another of carrots. Or, maybe it would be broccoli and a sweet potato.)

How about you? Have any strange rules that you are willing to share?

Default Re: Your Strange WW Habit

OK. So, I figure that one of the following is happening here. Either:

1. No one else has any strange habits. Or,
    2. Some may have some strange habits Ė but, they donít want to share them. Or,
    3. Outside of the well-established cliques in the buddy forums, itís pretty dead around here these days.

Ah, Supe, I hear ya

I thought and thought, but I don't have any weird WW habits....I DO have a weird snack habit (which is unrelated to WW but WTH, I'll share it)...I dislike eating things like crisps, crackers, popcorn with my fingers, I just don't like the feeling.

So.

I eat them all with chopsticks.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

Replies

I too have thought about this. I think I must have some weird WW habits, but I can't think of any.
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Quote Originally Posted by KrisD View Post
    Impressive - does that lead to eating less of them? I think that it would. You probably pick up less with the sticks than I would with my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chubber View Post
    I too have thought about this. I think I must have some weird WW habits, but I can't think of any.
    How about some WW habits that you don't think are strange but that are unique to you?

Replies
    Blog Entries

Not really a strange habit, but I eat avocado pretty much every day.

And people sometimes look at me funny when I come to a meeting at work, lugging my 1 litre water bottle...

And yes on number 3...

/Hanna
    HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW
    250/192/194/157

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bowl XLI View Post
    Impressive - does that lead to eating less of them? I think that it would. You probably pick up less with the sticks than I would with my hand.
    oh, no, doesn't slow me down all that much. I have nearly "native proficiency" with chopsticks, and for my next magic trick, I'm practicing using them with my non-dominant hand.

So...I have to pour that measured portion anyway
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

Replies

I love to watch certain members do their mojo thing before they get on the scale. All sorts of rituals to make that number please them. How about following the program?

I have a ton of reasons to eat the way I do so I cannot say I have any specific rituals. I eat out of my bunny bowl a lot though. A teeny baby feeding bowl with a bunny inside and carrots on the rim. If it fits in a bunny bowl it's about a cup and a good serving. Mostly snacks.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Not really a strange habit, but I eat avocado pretty much every day.

And people sometimes look at me funny when I come to a meeting at work, lugging my 1 litre water bottle...
    Nothing wrong/strange with any of that - the avocado & water!

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy541 View Post
    I eat out of my bunny bowl a lot though. A teeny baby feeding bowl with a bunny inside and carrots on the rim. If it fits in a bunny bowl it's about a cup and a good serving. Mostly snacks.
    I hear you on that. I also only use a tea spoon and a cake fork when eating at home. I know it's silly, But, the smaller utensils make the food I eat look bigger and it makes me feel like I am eating more - even though my food is measured out. It's a mind game thing.

Probably eating my 2 tsp. of canola oil daily (usually on a baked potato, but occasionally stirring it into a cup of ff yogurt or having it in some other non-normal way). It's something I NEVER would have thought of doing pre-WW.

I'm sorry this board seem so dead now. I have gotten many wonderful ideas here, and with the way WW "poofs" any proprietary info (like points values or whether something is a power food) on their official BB, I would think people would be flocking here!
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

Quote Originally Posted by DES2 View Post
    Probably eating my 2 tsp. of canola oil daily (usually on a baked potato, but occasionally stirring it into a cup of ff yogurt or having it in some other non-normal way).
    DES2 - Interesting! I never would have thought of adding the oil to a cup of yogurt!

Ah, Supe, I hear ya

I thought and thought, but I don't have any weird WW habits....I DO have a weird snack habit (which is unrelated to WW but WTH, I'll share it)...I dislike eating things like crisps, crackers, popcorn with my fingers, I just don't like the feeling.

So.

Okay, I must admit I do find that strange, but not a bad thing. OTOH, my "secret" is that, if alone, I will eat anything I can with my hands rather than utensils. Obviously, a lot of things don't lend themselves to doing that---soup, mashed potatoes, etc. But I do like to eat my salad (without dressing) with my hands. I often make salads for lunch and like picking out the various components as I want them. I am civilized enough not to do this when others are around. DH can barely tolerate my eating pizza (a rare treat these days) wtih my hands, so I'd hate to subject him to seeing me eat my salad the same way.

DES2, I agree that it's disappointing that there isn't more activity on this website. When I first came here, it was much busier. Nevertheless, I still find a lot of useful information from those who continue to participate.
    SW-183 GW-143
    161 - 03/23/12 -- 8 (22 lbs to date)
    151 - 05/25/12 --10 (31 lbs to date)

Genoa - is that something that you just do, or, does it help you (using your hands) with watching what you eat and using portion control?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bowl XLI View Post
    Genoa - is that something that you just do, or, does it help you (using your hands) with watching what you eat and using portion control?
    I wish I could say that it helps with portion control, but the truth is it's simply a personal preference. I can't really say why. Maybe it has something to do with not liking metal utensils, as when I have the occasional bowl of cereal or ice cream I've been known to use a plastic spoon. Or maybe it's because I am naturally lefthanded but was forced to be righthanded, so I prefer eating with my left hand over using a utensil in my right hand? Who knows? I promise I'm totally civilized and conform to normal manners when eating with others---except I will eat my pizza with my hands. In that case, I think DH is strange for using a knife and fork.

I guess I should say this is my strange habit, not my strange WW habit.
    SW-183 GW-143
    161 - 03/23/12 -- 8 (22 lbs to date)
    151 - 05/25/12 --10 (31 lbs to date)

Really, it's just like putting some of the fat back in that they took out to make it FF. It's actually pretty good, and since I do Core, it's all OP.
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

Red face Re: Your Strange WW Habit

Ah, Supe, I hear ya

So.

I eat them all with chopsticks too

I write the pts on most everything packaged. Its a bother to look things up in the food companion under brand name and I don't always have the point thingy nearby.
    Tracking is my new normal
    goal reached 1999 and 2011 and 20??

Replies

Genoa I am in love with plastic utensils and cannot eat yogurt or cottage cheese with metal. Just plastic for certain foods. I am so happy when given a plastic fork. I have TONS Of my own here.
    Also remember Rainman? He ate cheetos with a toothpick. I can totally understand the not wanting the yellow nuclear stuff on your fingers. I think Chopsticks is an amazing idea and will pass that onto my members.
    I am not facile with chopsticks but I am annoyed by the chips or salt or crumbs on my fingers and rarely eat that stuff anyway.

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

I usually eat from a small plate, instead of a dinner size plate, and I never eat meat 2 days before WI.
    SW187.5 CW149 GW 128
    LT circa 1970 Rejoined MAY 2000 1st 10% Nov 2000
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step. Confucius

22. Default Re: Your Strange WW Habit

Sometimes I will put my 2 tsp of olive oil in my milk. The past 2 days I added a WW smoothie. 2 healthy oils and 2 milk servings in one glass. I don't taste the oil.

I sorta do that too. I add a tsp. of olive oil or coconut oil to a serving of the "zero" Ww garden soup. Of course it's no longer "zero" but it works for me. LOL!

Judy
    SW187.5 CW149 GW 128
    LT circa 1970 Rejoined MAY 2000 1st 10% Nov 2000
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step. Confucius

Well, I bring my cottage cheese and fruit for snack at work daily. I eat it everyday at 10:00. I think my co-workers thing I am constantly eating.

But I eat breakfast at 6:30/7:00 so by 10 I am hungry and I am going to eat!

No one here leaves for lunch is what I find strange. They all eat at their desk. I refuse to so I am the strange one once again in the office.

25. Default Re: Your Strange WW Habit

I eat the same thing for breakfast every day because I know exactly how many points are in 2 eggs and an english muffin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast