Thread: Cookie Control

Default Cookie Control

I just stopped by the cafeteria at work to pick up something to drink. And, when I arrived, I discovered that they’re giving out free fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies today.

I didn’t realize it until the person behind the counter presented me with a cookie on a plate and said “Here, sir. This is for you.” It was at that moment that I then saw their sign about the cookie giveaway today.

Without blinking, I said to him “Oh, no thanks. I’m fine.” And, once I said that, he rescinded the plate.

Gosh, that felt good. And, it never would have happened before WW.

2. Default Re: Cookie Control

those moments make me feel so proud! the hardest part is saying "no", then you walk away feeling like a million bucks! enjoy the nsv!

Default Re: Cookie Control

Thanks smaller_em. It's true. It's crazy that it's hard to say no. But, it is. Yet, it does feel great after you say it.

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bowl XLI View Post
    I just stopped by the cafeteria at work to pick up something to drink. And, when I arrived, I discovered that they’re giving out free fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies today.

I didn’t realize it until the person behind the counter presented me with a cookie on a plate and said “Here, sir. This is for you.” It was at that moment that I then saw their sign about the cookie giveaway today.

Without blinking, I said to him “Oh, no thanks. I’m fine.” And, once I said that, he rescinded the plate.

Gosh, that felt good. And, it never would have happened before WW.

The good thing is he rescinded the plate and appreciated (this is not the word I want; it may come to me later) your answer without any "urging" that you take a cookie.
    Liz
    The Dressage Queen

Good job, Supe! Outwitting the cookie trap! (I do love a good cookie. I resent the bad ones, though)

Usually, I do turn down samples at the supermarket (mostly because I'm not interested in what they're pushing), and they look at me like I'm insane! You can see the thought process: "Turn down free food? What's wrong with you?"
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

That's one thing that WW taught me - eat when you are hungry and not just because there's food in front of you.