Thread: Five Years

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Five Years

NICE! I can't wait to be where you are. You really should be proud of yourself. You're doing the hardest part... maintaining. I'm so inspired by your success and consistency!
    Jen
    HW - 175
    WWGW - 140
    PGW - 130
    CW 9/1/13 - 142.2
    LIFETIME on 8/31/11
    RESTART 4/1/13

Thanks Jen.
    You'll get there! Look at all the progress you've made so far! Just keep doing what you're doing. It's working for you.

Way to go SB These stories of extended "maintenance" go a LONG way to inspiring me!!

Keep up the awesome work
    Bob

Thanks Bob.

If I can do it, anyone can. I was the world's worst eater. I'm more amazed that I didn't weigh 300 pounds than I am that I lost the weight and have kept it off, now that I know and understand the relationship between what goes in our mouth and our bodies.

Keep up the good fight. You will be telling maintaining stories of your own before you know it!

Replies

What an inspiration SB!! Thanks for sharing with us!!
    Kimberley

Kimberley - it's a pleasure to share. WW is all about support. If I can lend towards that, as payback, it's the least I can do.

Replies

Super Bowl~Wow, 5 years. That's amazing. Pat yourself on the back. You are what WW calls. *Results Not Typical.

You are an inspiration!
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

*Results Not Typical

LOL. Trudie.
    My wife used to call me that during the first couple of years. Now she just teases me about still tracking!

I will say this, in the 5 years that I've been going to WW, I've seen many, many, many faces come and go. That's the saddest part of being a member. Seeing some quit early. Seeing others quit after you think maybe they had some staying power. And, seeing so few stick with it for a long period of time. I can count those who I have seen now for more than 2 years in a row on one hand. And, I would bet that more than 300 have come and gone in the 5 years.

But, you know the drill Trudie. Look at how long you have lasted! Kudos on that!

Replies

Thanks Steve. I am so thankful that I finally figured things out and decided to get healthy and lose weight for ME.

You are so right, about seeing people come and go at WW meetings. I don't attend meetings very often, like once or twice a year now, but when I was attending, that's exactly what I saw. I used to WI monthly and it seemed like most months, I was sitting there with a new group.

Sadly, the same thing happens here. Here one day, gone the next. Most often times, they leave without notice. There are some that really stand out in my mind, they were very active and they sure are missed.
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

There's an old line about baseball: Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand.

Maybe the same should be said about Weight Watchers?

I've seen so many have some immediate, short-term, success and then drop out the minute they hit a speed bump on their journey. If WW could ever come up with a way to help members navigate those hurdles and stick with it, and really drive home that it is a lifestyle change and not a diet, maybe that would change things?

But, sadly, right now, no matter what WW preaches, and it's the right message, it's going in one ear and out the other for too many members. I guess it's true about leading a horse to water...

Replies
    Blog Entries

great job SB. I am here....still sneaking in a peek...LOL...thanks for posting your staying power, it does truly inspire.
    HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART
    *RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

Thanks Lesa!