Thread: 4 years ago today I joined WW for the last time.

Replies

Default 4 years ago today I joined WW for the last time.

Today is May 23rd, and it was 4 years ago today, I decided to join WW for the LAST time. I am still on WW and I have stayed at my PGW since getting there. Currently, I am at 129.3 pounds.

It has been an amazing journey. I joined one day before my daughters 18th birthday and a couple days before her graduation. I couldn't wait for a good time to join WW. The time was NOW! There is always going to be events, excuses, etc. I needed to figure out how to work through events while OP. It is doable. WW gives us that freedom. I worked the program and the program has worked for me.

When I joined, I said this time it's for ME, for my health. I think that was key for me. I wanted a healthier me, I wasn't trying to lose weight for a special event, I just wanted to be thin and healthy for me.

I also started running in June, 2007, about a month after starting WW. Chubby and all, I was out there doing the C25K program. By September, I ran my 1st 5K race. I couldn't believe, number 1, that I was running, but even more, I couldn't believe I entered a local 5K race. It's the best thing I did for myself. Who would have thought before all was said and done, I would actually even consider a half marathon. Well, never say never. I started toying with the thought, and finally last summer, I believed in myself enough to start training for my 1st half marathon. In October, 3 weeks before my 50th birthday, I ran my first Half Marathon. Words can't express how that felt. Then this February, my sister and I flew to Orlando Florida, and ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon. What an race that was. Again, truley amazing.

Through my journey, I have found bones/prominences that have been long hidden. I have hip bones and clavicles. I have ankle bones and knees. My rings spin around on my fingers. I still remember finally being able to cross my legs without having my leg fly back off, or having to assist, by pulling my leg over just to cross them. I didn't know why but being able to cross my legs was like the best thing, it still makes me smile when I cross my legs.

My cholesterol is down, my Dr. is no longer threatening me with chosterol lowering meds. My BP is great. It generally runs 90-100/60, and my heart rate went from the 70-80's to 48-56. My blood sugar is in the 90's.

I can run and play with my darling grandchildren. There is just so much that losing weight has done for me. I like shopping now, I have "skinny" clothes. I don't try to hide behind big hoody sweatshirts. In fact, I like my thinner body to show. I tuck in shirts and wear a belt sometimes. A huge thing is my self esteem has risen. I do not hate my body any more, I do however thank God daily for clothes.

I have enjoyed my journey. It hasn't always been easy. But I kept fighting, I NEVER gave up. I NEVER will. This is my lifestyle now, and has been for 4 years today. I made a comment the other day about about my points, and a co-worker said "you still count points?" I said I have to. It's too easy to eat more then I think I do. She had an ah ha moment. Just this week, I was measuring my food. I don't all the time, but it's important to remember what size a serving really is. Serving sizes can grow way to easily.

I have also gone through ridicule and multiple attempts to be sabotaged throughout my journey. People trying to sabatage me was easier to deal with then the ridicule was. But I stayed strong and persevered. Family and friends have had to go to bat for my more then once or twice. My neighbor was telling women at a ball game that I don't eat. Really??? Thankfully a coworker was there and spoke up for me. My DH works at the hospital I work at, and he was pulled aside multiple times. He assured them over and over that I was eating well. He kept a close eye on me as my mother is anorexic/bulemic. Just this Saturday, he said I was the perfect size. But he also said I was the perfect size before I had lost weight. He said the proof is in the picture, he agrees that I was overweight, but he never thought of me as fat. So I asked, "so you no longer think I am too thin?" He said, "no", yay!

I wouldn't be where I am today without WW, but I also wouldn't be here with out the support, encouragement, inspiration, and accountability that I have received on BCB. I am so glad that I have found this place. Thank you ALL!!!

I have said this before, but being overweight is hard, losing weight is hard, maintaining is hard. I have choosen my hard! Daily, I choose my hard.

Believe in yourself, YOU CAN DO THIS!
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Default Re: 4 years ago today I joined WW for the last time.

Awesome work Trudie!! Very inspirational to see first hand that it's not only doable in the first place, but also "keepable"!! LOL (I suppose maintainable would be more proper, huh)!! Seriously, very awesome work and well done!
    Bob

Trudie - you are awesome. Don't ever allow anyone to ever tell you anything different from that. Congrats on hitting the milestone and best wishes that you keep doing what you're doing because you know what to do and you know that it works. And, thanks for taking the time to share all this, in this post, to help keep the rest of us motivated.

What an inspiring post - hope you are enjoying the sweet rewards of this anniversary and thank you for sharing this with all of us!
    With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

What an inspiration, Trudie, Happy Anniversary! Stories like yours really give me something to look forward to. And it reinforces what I already know, that it's a lifetime change. It's not a diet that ends when you get to goal. Congrats!!!
    Dandy
    SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130
    It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

Replies

Happy Anniversary Trudie!! You are such an inspiration!! Thanks for keeping it real!!
    Kimberley

Replies

Thanks everyBuddy for your kind words!
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155