Thread: Jennifer Hudson

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Jennifer Hudson

Have you seen her picture when you call up the Weight Watchers sight. She is Gorgeous, and I love, love, love the dress she is wearing. That woman is an inspiration. Especially when you consider all of the hardship she has had in the last couple of years, to stick with program, get healthy, and look great.

Default Re: Jennifer Hudson

She is gorgeous and an inspiration.
    Mary P
    CW-201.6
    TL -0
    GW 150

Replies
    Blog Entries

I agree that she is stunning. She is focused and has worked hard to get the results we see--in both her singing/acting career and in her efforts to conquer the weight monster. If anyone ever had an excuse to eat because of stress/tragedy/disappointment, it was Jennifer. She is a worthy recipient of our admiration.
    Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

Know what I want to see? A WW spokesperson who stays a spokesperson for four years or more. But, then again, how many weight loss programs keep a spokesperson that long? I guess they always want fresh blood and to show a recent weight loss. But, it would be nice to see someone lose the weight, and keep it off for a long time, and be a spokesperson too.

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bowl XLI View Post
    Know what I want to see? A WW spokesperson who stays a spokesperson for four years or more. But, then again, how many weight loss programs keep a spokesperson that long? I guess they always want fresh blood and to show a recent weight loss. But, it would be nice to see someone lose the weight, and keep it off for a long time, and be a spokesperson too.
    Sarah Ferguson was WWers spokesperson for quite a few years. And even despite her current problems, she appears to have kept the weight off. I don't remember how long Lynn Redgrave was spokesperson, but she successfully kept the weight off as well.

Just found this through Google:

Named by the Diet Channel as the best diet of 2007, Weight Watchers® began in 1960 and has evolved over the years. Known for its impressive record of long-term successes, Weight Watchers® uses celebrity spokespeople, but not to the extent that Jenny Craig® does. In fact, Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, is the only celebrity listed on the company's web page of success stories ... and she listed at the bottom of the page. Fergie's presence on the site, however, highlights the commitment of the Weight Watchers® program to the long-term success of its clients. Having reached her weight loss goal in 1997, the Duchess of York is still maintaining her healthy weight.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Thanks Luanne. I knew Fergie did it for a while. Did not know it was that long. Shame WW doesn't have someone doing it for a long time now. Maybe Hudson will be that person?

Replies
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing part of it has to do with age - they need someone in the 20 year old bracket to appeal to those in their 20's.

Replies

I re-saw Dreamgirls last night. Jennifer looked like a totally diffrent person then. She is stunning now.
    Lifetimer since April 2001
    195/135/150WW

Quote Originally Posted by LillieG View Post
    I'm guessing part of it has to do with age - they need someone in the 20 year old bracket to appeal to those in their 20's.
    Maybe, but, at my meetings, it's rare to see someone under 30.

Lynn Redgraves was their spokesperson for several years 1984-1992 and Sarah Ferguson was spokesperson for 11 years. Those are the longer lasting ones that come to my mind.
    Deborah

Replies

I watched it again last night too. I never watch American Idol, so I don't know what Jennifer's weight was then, but I think I remember reading that she gained weight for the part in Dreamgirls.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies
    Blog Entries

At the risk of being heretical, sometimes celebrities lose weight and just don't look that good - Al Roker being one that comes to mind. Jennifer looks just fabulous in her weight loss.

I see her beautiful glowing inside and out. I also love the dresses, Tim Gunn picked them out I believe
    Tracking is my new normal
    goal reached 1999 and 2011 and 20??

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    Sarah Ferguson was WWers spokesperson for quite a few years. And even despite her current problems, she appears to have kept the weight off. I don't remember how long Lynn Redgrave was spokesperson, but she successfully kept the weight off as well.

Just found this through Google:

Named by the Diet Channel as the best diet of 2007, Weight Watchers® began in 1960 and has evolved over the years. Known for its impressive record of long-term successes, Weight Watchers® uses celebrity spokespeople, but not to the extent that Jenny Craig® does. In fact, Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, is the only celebrity listed on the company's web page of success stories ... and she listed at the bottom of the page. Fergie's presence on the site, however, highlights the commitment of the Weight Watchers® program to the long-term success of its clients. Having reached her weight loss goal in 1997, the Duchess of York is still maintaining her healthy weight.

What about Florine Mark? She was the spokeswoman for many years, I even got to meet her at a w.w. event here in Boston.

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmel View Post
    What about Florine Mark? She was the spokeswoman for many years, I even got to meet her at a w.w. event here in Boston.
    I've never heard of her.

But probably the best testiment and spokesperson for WWers is the founder Jean Nidetch.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies

Jennifer Hudson is just beautiful. I read her blogs on the WW website and it's inspiring. She's getting a lot of criticism and many think she's suppose to be "fat" and can't see her as skinny. So sad, but I can relate.
    SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150
    Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far

Something I saw today related to this topic: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/04/fa...ged-sword.html

Personally I dislike celeb. spokes people, and just in general can't stand Jennifer Hudson.

Celebs have trainers, dieticians, nutritionists and incredible connections that we just don't have. It's super easy for them. Most of the time, they get their lunches and dinners on the road, yes, but they are prepacked OR they have complete and total control and can DEMAND that they get what they want. They often HAVE to keep weight off or lose weight for specific roles with it signed into their contracts, so of course they are going to do it and keep it off to get paid.

Also, I just don't like Jhud's voice, at all. And I find the commercials to be overly shown and irritating.

19. Default Re: Jennifer Hudson

You are saying very true. I just want to say, you are great and your post is awesome and happy to see you here.