Thread: NSV - Passing On The Comp Dessert

Default NSV - Passing On The Comp Dessert

Had lunch at a California Pizza Kitchen today. I ordered the "Vegetarian with Japanese Eggplant Pizza" on a whole-grain crust. (That's mozzarella cheese, baby broccoli, grilled Japanese eggplant, roasted corn, sliced red onions, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and tomato sauce.)

The bad news: It took over an hour for our food to arrive. The entire restaurantwas complaining about having to wait an hour or more for their food. (Turns out they were short a cook.)

The manager came by and said that he would comp our pizzas - and, on top, he said we could order any dessert that we wanted - all four of us - and that he would comp those too.

Hmmm...a free brownie Sundae? Nah, eating three-quarters of the personal pizza was enough points for me. So, I passed on the dessert - even one that was on the house. Never would have done that, ever, before Weight Watchers. So, it's a NSV as far as I'm concerned.

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: NSV - Passing On The Comp Dessert

That's very impressive! I don't think I would have been able to pass it up. I probably would've just taken the hit with the points. Congrats on having a much stronger will power than I do!
    ~quix

http://musingsofanovereater.blogspot.com/

SW: 294 (12/21/10)
    CW: 261 (6/6/11)
    GW: 190

Well done, SuperBowl! Based on my own will power lately, it's more than I probably could have done as well! Way to go for staying in the zone, even when aggravated!
    Bob

Thanks Quix, Bob.

There was just no way I could do it. I know that I would have struggled with getting it and just having a taste. And, the whole thing was probably a gazillion points. Better to waste it than to waist it, right? Besides, the 4th anniversary of my lieftime date is coming up. And, doing something like downing a restaurant brownie sundae - which were huge, by the way, because I saw one - would have been a terrible way to lead up to my big milestone.

Replies

Definately a NSV. This is Boot Camp, good job Soldier! Not many could win that battle.
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Thanks Trudie!
    That's how we win the war, one battle at a time!

Replies
    Blog Entries

Wow, SuperBowl. Good for you. I'm wondering what I would have done. I know one thing, though, if I did eat something like that - even a third of something like that - my body would have craved sugar for the next four days. That's the killer for me. Even if I plan a sweet treat and have the points, I regret it because I struggle for days after. One Dove's mini every now and then and I'm fine, more than that and I'm sitting at my desk all day long thinking about . . . well, let's not go there. This is an inspiring story. Thank you for sharing.
    Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10)
    CW: 158.2
    GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Thanks Heather. That's the beauty of WW. It's gotten me to the point now where I don't want the sugar stuff anymore. And, I used to crave it. Now, it's almost like it's poison. Of course, it's easy to say that when it's not sitting in front of you!