Thread: What Does it Mean to Lose 50 Pounds?!!

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default What Does it Mean to Lose 50 Pounds?!!

Whoo hoo! Look at my ticker ... I did my WI today and was down 1.5 lbs. which means I have now lost 50 pounds! I still have a way to go (15 more pounds to my goal), but it's been pretty steady...hope to get there by Christmas (the New Year at the latest). If I'm on target, it will mean that it took me one full year of hard work--but it was worth every minute! And the WI today means I hit my most recent goal which was to slip under 160 before the end of September... just made it! (Of course, I know that I might reassess my goal when I get there, but I'm taking things one day at a time.)

What does it mean to lose 50 pounds? It means that I no longer hate to shop for clothes, that I can climb the stairs to the 2nd floor of the school instead of using the elevator, and that my knees are working better and that surgery on them can wait. It means that I can look into the mirror and like what I see, that I no longer let others negatively affect my moods, and that I am in control of my life. It means that I can give a "mini lecture" to my students on healthy eating and not feel like a hypocrite, that I can be proud that I accomplished something that didn't come easy, and that I can age a little more gracefully than I did a year ago. It means that I get outside and enjoy the natural world as I walk, jog, and cycle; it means that my dogs are happier than ever because they get extra walks, and it means that I have the energy to enjoy the life I have been given .

So thank you to everyone who ever spoke words of encouragement into my life, thanks to those who have been down this road and willingly shared their wisdom and knowledge, and thanks to those who lifted me up when all I wanted to do was crawl into a corner and feel sorry for myself.
    Last edited by crescentbeachzoo; 09-29-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

Default Re: What Does it Mean to Lose 50 Pounds?!!

Congratulations, Linda!!! Fantastic accomplishment, & I love your list of all the benefits of losing, that's what it's all about!
    Dandy
    SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130
    It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

Well done!

Add these to the list of your victories.....

(I'm figuring that you have lost about 25%)
    For each 10% of your body weight lost you have:
    • reduced your risk of high blood pressure
    • reduced your risk of certain cancers
    • reduced your risk of heart attack
    • reduced your risk of diabetes
    All of those risks are reduced by 1/2 for each 10% lost.

You are proving to be smart and well as healthy
    CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

Replies
    Blog Entries

Wow, Dandy, your ticker is impressive--and an inspiration! You obviously know what it means to lose 50... twice over . And CW, thanks for adding to my list... this is the first time I have seen those stats (or if I heard them before, it is the first time they sunk into my head). I think I'll do a little jig .
    Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by crescentbeachzoo View Post
    Whoo hoo! Look at my ticker ... I did my WI today and was down 1.5 lbs. which means I have now lost 50 pounds! I still have a way to go (15 more pounds to my goal), but
    What does it mean to lose 50 pounds? So thank you to everyone who ever spoke words of encouragement into my life, thanks to those who have been down this road and willingly shared their wisdom and knowledge, and thanks to those who lifted me up when all I wanted to do was crawl into a corner and feel sorry for myself.
    Thanks for taking the time and sharing what has helped you.
    ~*~ Amy