Thread: Down 36pounds in 8 WEEKS!!!!

1. Default Down 36pounds in 8 WEEKS!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on here to much lately. Some of you may remember me. I have alot of food allergies/ intolerances. I also was diagnosed hypothyroid 4 years ago and am on Synthroid.
    I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease, metabolic X syndrome, fibromyalgia, and was told by my dr. 8 wks ago that I am diabetic!!!!! I was in alot of nerve pain and joint pain. My c-reactive protein (an inflammation marker) was EXTREMELY high in my body. I HURT or ACHED EVERYDAY!!!

I asked my doctor to plz give me a month to 6 weeks to get my blood sugar uder control. She really wanted to put me on meds then but I begged not to. Diabetes is VERY dangerous left untreated. But thank God she gave me a chance. I weighed 232 in November and ranged between 228-232 during the holidays. I was eating foods that I am allergic to. It was like a drug, once I had tasted the forbidden foods my body CRAVED MORE AND MORE and I would gain MORE AND MORE!!!!! I can not have gluten, dairy, or soy.

I cried out to God in desperation and repented of the way I was treating my body. I asked God for His strength to do this. The first few weeks of CORE I just ate some fruit, lean protein, some nuts, beans, veggies and quinoa , br. rice, or potatoes for my starch. My BS did come down some but was not staying stable. I did lose about 8 pounds during that time. But I did not feel well.
    I was still in pain. So I started eating even more basic and did like an elimination diet where you eat only whole foods and note how they make your body feel. It took several weeks of trial and error but I have found that I can not eat beans, nuts, eggs, or ANY STARCH!!! Starches / Grains were making me hurt!!!! Even a 1/4c. of rice milk would put me in pain for days!!! This seemed so crazy! Bu I would try a rice cake or 1/4c. of br. rice and I would start hurting again. Corn and potatoes did this to me as well.

So, I quit eating the grains and instead ate sw. potato which didn't cause ANY pain what so ever. I started using coconut milk in the refridgerated section of Whole Foods. I would treat myself to some coconut icecream or Edy's fruit bar here and there. I eat avocados, flaxseed oil, and olive oil. I increased my fruit intake to keep my carbs in balance. The weight literally was falling off!!!! I HAVE NEVER LOST LIKE THIS B4. I have not been in onederland in over 10 years but I hit it last week! I'm 196 this morning!

I do exercise. I do Leslie Sansone or walk outside, or stationary bike. I just bought the Wave but can't quite keep up yet.

I just wanted to get reaquanted with you all and give someone some hope who has been sick or not able to lose. Keep pushing through keep trying!
    SW 233
    CW 168
    GW 155
    Gluten, Dairy, Nuts, Soy, Grain intolerant, nightshade allergie too

Default Re: Down 36pounds in 8 WEEKS!!!!

Inspirational!

You have a very powerful story.
    Thanks you for letting us in on it, and.....
    Welcome Home.
    CW
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

Replies

Thanks for sharing your story! I have a lot of intolerances as well-- I'm a gluten free vegan and can't eat any processed foods from the chemicals. You should check out the veggie lover's forum. WWCarol's DH is diabetic and he's been able to go without shots following Dr. Furhman's Eat to Live program!!
    Kimberley

I think what's so great here is that you've taken the responsibility of figuring out so much of what causes your pain for yourself. You didn't just say "hey doc, give me pain medicine". You've gone to great lengths to test & experiment, to eliminate what has caused you pain, & to substitute those things with healthy alternatives that have allowed you to continue eating with a healthy balance across the board. Great job! Congratulations on the weight loss, your perseverance, & Onderland!
    Dandy
    SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130
    It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

Replies

Sounds like you have done a fantastic job in figuring out how to handle your own reactions to food, and made accomodations that work for you. Congratulations!!

I hope we'll see more of you around here. You are an inspiration!
    Terri
    SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Thanks for sharing your story. I have gluten intolerance also and though it does make it more difficult....there's always a way if you keep searching.
    Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime
    4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115
    Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

Inspirational! I am considering a similar change in diet. I might hit you up for info later. Thank you for sharing~
    MO#83

Thumbs up Re: Down 36pounds in 8 WEEKS!!!!

Hi Uniquely Made,
    I came across your story tonight, and I am so happy for you. I just can't believe you stuck with it and persevered! You are much stronger than I think I would be in your situation. I think many people (including myself) will be inspired by you and learn from you. Do you find that you have to eat the same things over and over since you are limited? Also, are you still diabetic? (Does that go away??)

At first I was just shocked at how many "things" you have...
    I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease, metabolic X syndrome, fibromyalgia, and was told by my dr. 8 wks ago that I am diabetic!
    But then, by the end of your post, I realized that rather than letting these things confine you and confine your life, you seem to be doing just the opposite! You're not letting these things make your box smaller...you're completely outside of the box altogether! There is no box for you! No limits!

With a life story that would make many people feel less and less opportunity, you took that life and saw that you actually just have different opportunities. Good for you! With your high spirits, creativity (TONS of creativity!), positive attitude, and unwavering will-power, you sure are an inspiration. I am very encouraged by your story. And CONGRATULATIONS on all of the weight loss and health gains! Good for you!!!

uniquelymade - Your story is very inspirational to me. I have PCOS, IBS, and was recently diagnosed and then un-diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Since October of last year, I have been in severe body-wide pain and I've been to 5 different doctors. It's funny that you mention the c-reactive protein being so high....mine is more than double what it should be. I've had dozens of vials of blood drawn in the last few months trying to determine what's causing my pain. At one point they thought I might have Hepatitis C! Luckily, that was a false positive. I'm still at the stage of trying to figure out where my pain is coming from, but after reading your story I think I might have some type of food allergy. One doctor did mention that he thought I could possibly have a food allergy, but he didn't look into it anymore, so I dismissed it. Maybe I need to take charge of the situation myself. Like I said, you are truly inspiring!

Congratulations on taking control of your life and making it healthier. You're doing a wonderful job!
    HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

You are amazing! Congrats on the weight loss! You can't even imagine having those types of health issues and having a weight issue to struggle with as well. Your story is very inspirational Keep up the good work and remember with God all things are possible!!