Thread: Reminder: BcB Philosophy

Replies
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Reminder: BcB Philosophy

Do yourself a favor... take a moment to read over this again.
    No, don't assume you know it... REALLY read it!

Because sometimes we all just need a reminder.

======================================

Bootcamp Buddies Philosophy Statement

Bootcamp Buddies (referred to as BCBs) follow the Weight Watchers program and Weight Watchers ONLY. They don't combine Weight Watchers with any other programs or "diet", unless instructed to modify it by a medical professional.

A BCB realizes that this is a journey for LIFE..not a diet. As such, we follow the program as it has been written and plan on following it for the rest of our lives. But committing to this, we will make our weight loss for life a REALITY!

A BCB handles their weight loss journey one minute, one hour, one day at a time (OMOHOD) and this is our basic philosophy.

A BCB knows that THEY are in complete control of what goes into THEIR mouths. Happiness, sadness, stress, anger and other emotions do NOT control us. We take charge of ourselves, and are responsible for ourselves. We make a commitment to ourselves to journal each day, and WRITE EVERY BITE.

A BCB does not ever DELIBERATELY go off program for ANY REASON. There are NO EXCUSES for ever going off program. We will face challenges each day of our life, and have to learn that stress or social situations are not reason to go off program. We as a BCB must always PLAN, PLAN, PLAN!

If a BCB should "slip," they shall immediately take steps to understand what caused the slip and to rectify the situation. We shall use these "slips" as a learning process so that we may learn not to slip again. A BCB does not ever whine, cry, or complain about being off program, but jumps right back but on track! (not tomorrow, or later -but RIGHT AWAY).

A member in good standing of the BCBs will ALWAYS treat others in the same manner they would like to be treated. If correcting an unhealthy behavior, such correction shall be done with compassion and respect. We are here to make our weight loss a REALITY and to help each other reach our goals with kind support, and sometime a little nudge with love & care.

We look forward to seeing YOU make your weight loss a REALITY!

From your Training Manual

======================================

Carry on.

Default Re: Reminder: BcB Philosophy

I don't know if there was a specific reason for the post or just a gentle reminder ibut it's good for all of us to reflect.

This is one of the most important for me:
    If a BCB should "slip," they shall immediately take steps to understand what caused the slip and to rectify the situation. We shall use these "slips" as a learning process so that we may learn not to slip again. A BCB does not ever whine, cry, or complain about being off program, but jumps right back but on track! (not tomorrow, or later -but RIGHT AWAY).

We often have a tendency to say, "I'll get back on track tomorrow or next month." The time to fix a mistake is NOW! If you break a glass, you don't say, "Well, I'll sweep that up next month." You do it immediately. Make the same effort with your life.
    Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime
    4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115
    Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

Replies
    Blog Entries

No specific reason... Just good to re-read it occasionally.
    Pretty powerful stuff there.

Replies
    Blog Entries

They don't combine Weight Watchers with any other programs or "diet", unless instructed to modify it by a medical professional.

Okay. I'm going to ask a question I had when I first read this. When it says "any other programs or diet," what exactly does that mean? Like I joined Curves before I joined WW. Curves has a "nutrition" component to their program. I don't do it because I don't think it would work for me. I just exercise there. That's okay, right? But, I do a detox "diet" twice a year. It's not to lose weight, although sometimes I do. It's really for other health reasons and I can stay OP while I'm detoxing. That's okay, too, right?
    Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10)
    CW: 158.2
    GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Heather,

They are not referring to Workout programs. I believe the point is some people try to combine WW with another weight loss program ie: South Beach or "miracle" pills. It just isn't healthy.

There are many people who have to make adjustments for medical reasons: diabetics, I'm Celiac so I'm gluten-free, even vegetarians. WW understands that and as long as your doctor agrees that the adjustments are healthy for you, that's perfectly fine.
    Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime
    4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115
    Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

Replies
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much. That's what I thought, but good to have it confirmed for me.
    Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10)
    CW: 158.2
    GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Replies

Living by this BCB philosophy really is what made my weight loss a success. I think an often reminder is just what we all need!
    ~Denise~

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000
    Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.