Thread: Biggest Loser Challenge FAQ

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Biggest Loser Challenge FAQ

Hey, Everybody! Here are some Frequently Asked Questions with some answers for you about our challenge. I'm sure I missed a few things but its ok cause I know some of you are going to be asking ??'s anyway!

Most of these are coming from the previous challenges so feel free to add new questions. I'll try to post answer them as soon as possible

Q: When does the challenge start and when does it end?
    A: The challenge starts officially on June 1st and ends on August 9th. I've posted the sign-up thread. I'm going to post the starting weight thread the week of 05/25 to 05/31, and the last day to join the competition and post your SW is Sunday, May 31st.

Q: Do I have to follow the Biggest Loser Diet plan?
    A: No, you can be on whatever diet and exercise plan you are currently practicing or you can start a new one. On the BCB boards we are all mainly on WW, so that is what everyone is probably following.

Q: When will I know what team I'm on? Where will my team post to each other?
    A: The teams will be announced on June 1st or June 2nd, as soon as I get all Sunday weigh-in starting weights. I will give some time for the Sunday weighers to post their SW. I am also going to create a BL chat thread so that everybody can post to each other and root their teams on. This is a challenge and the point of having teams is to be able to chat with each other so we can inspire, motivate, and support each other. It's not a competition to just post your weight every week and see what happens. Please support your team members and post with them as much as possible.

Q: Do I have to participate in team discussion and chats?
    A: We obviously cannot force you to participate, but being on a team means communication, and that is key for moving towards a common goal in this challenge. We really are looking for individuals who will check in with their team and participate so we know how you are doing.

Q: Will there be a merger of team threads this round?
    A: The only way there will be a merger of teams is if there is a large number of drop outs. If it does, we will merge teams. I'm hoping that's not the case and that everybody who joined this challenge will see it through to the end.

Q: Where do I weigh in? When do I weigh in? How do I weigh in?
    A: One thread for each team will be created for weigh-ins ONLY. I am asking that the weigh-in thread be CLEAR of any team chatting posts. Every person will post their own individual weigh-in post that you will go into every week and update/edit. Do not post more than one weigh-in post. Keep updating the same one every week after your weigh-in. You can weigh in any day of the week just as long as it's before the cut off day and time. You can keep any preexisting weigh-in days that you may have already in place. For instance, I tend to weigh in Saturdays. For others it may be different. There's a specific format that we use to weigh in (see below) and I ask that once you weigh in that you please do not change your weights. You'll simply be editing the same post in your team's weigh-in thread every week so it's all based on the honor system.

Q: What is the format? How do I edit the same post?
    A: This is the format for this challenge:

Team: Black Team
    SW: 195
    Weigh in Day: Saturday

Week 1 (6/1 - 6/7):
    Week 2 (6/8 - 6/14):
    Week 3 (6/15 - 6/21):
    Week 4 (6/22 - 6/28):
    Week 5 (6/29 - 7/5):
    Week 6 (7/6 - 7/12):
    Week 7 (7/13 - 7/19):
    Week 8 (7/20 - 7/26):
    Week 9 (7/27 - 8/2):
    Week 10 (8/3 - 8/9):

Some people also find it helpful to add the weigh-in date to their format to help remind them when they have to weigh in each week. You can copy the format from here and post it in the weigh in thread. You edit your post each week by clicking the edit button on the lower right hand corner of your post and then add your weight for that week then press save.

Q: What is the cut-off time to weigh in?
    A: The cut-off time is every Monday following the week of the weigh-in, and all weights must be recorded on your weigh in post by 11:59 pm EST. We are giving you until Monday night to weigh in so that the Sunday weighers have time to pose their weigh-in. After 11:59 pm the team leaders will review the weights and attempt to contact you for a final time. If we don't hear from you, then we will post your first freebie pass and after 3 of those passes are used we'll have to take action. All stats should be posted each week by Tuesday evening!

Q: What holidays are going to be occurring during this challenge?
    A: Fathers' Day (6/21)
    Independence Day (7/4)

Q: I notice we are playing during some time that I'm taking vacation. What can I do to keep from being removed?
    A: If for some reason you are taking vacation and are unable to weigh in, you need to let your team leader know ASAP. You have the option to either weigh in early, or you can use a freebie week.

Q: What's a "freebie week"?
    A: Freebie weeks are weeks where either you can't get to the computer or something has come up that you can't weigh-in. You have 3 of these for the entire 10 weeks of the challenge. So, for instance, if you can't weigh-in, the leaders use your last weigh-in as your weight for the week you miss. Once you use both freebie weeks and you don't weigh in, you'll be removed from the team.

Q: How do you determine a winner / winning team?
    A: We base everything off of percentage of weight loss just like the show.

Q: Will there be a team for people that can't make the June 1st deadline?
    A: No, it is difficult to organize latecomers into a challenge and have everyone feel the hearty welcome they deserve.

Q: How do you choose who is on what team?
    A: Returning members from our previous challenge have the opportunity to request the team they want to be on. Anyone new to the challenge is placed on the 3 teams at random to make sure all teams have a similar starting weight.

Q: What's the theme of this challenge?
    A: INDEPENDENCE! We are breaking free from the food!

Again feel free to post any questions that come along and I'll be happy to add them to this list.
    Last edited by bdarwath; 06-08-2009 at 04:32 PM.
    Amy

SW: 206.6 CW: 206.6 GW: 127

Question Re: Biggest Loser Challenge FAQ

I would like to join this Biggest Loser Challenge. When do I record my weights? I so need this!

Default Re: Biggest Loser Challenge FAQ

Hello,

I would be interested in the next Biggest Loser challenge starting in Aug. Will you keep me posted (no pun intended) when the next BLC will start.

Thanks,
    T

I would like to know if there will be another Biggest Loser Challenge also. I couldn't find anything else on it on the site.

Melinda

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by ezras_mommy View Post
    I would like to know if there will be another Biggest Loser Challenge also. I couldn't find anything else on it on the site.

Melinda
    I would also like to know if there will be another round. Maybe there could be two rounds a year? (Coinciding with the show?)

Could we start one next week?
    Heather

Height: 5'5"
    215.2/215.2/PG 160

Oh to be in onederland by Valentines Day!

6. Default Re: Biggest Loser Challenge FAQ

I would also be interested in one starting next week, as the show is such an inspiration to me.
    DD

Starting again in 2010!
    HW:293.6
    CW:286.6
    10% GW: 264.3

Replies

Well maybe someone who has ran one will respond so we can get this train moving!
    Heather

Height: 5'5"
    215.2/215.2/PG 160

Oh to be in onederland by Valentines Day!