Thread: April 11th marks a One Year Anniversary

Replies

Default April 11th marks a One Year Anniversary

I have been either in or below my MR for a year now! I am living proof that if I can do it, you can do it! I have chosen my hard.

A little history here. May 23, 2007 I recommitted to WW for the last time. I was a chubby lifetimer, that weighed in at 180.2 pounds, HW was 190.4. I am 5'6" and my goal was just to get to the high end of my WW range, 155 pounds.

I tried over and over to get back on track, and just couldn't seem to do it. I had told myself that I needed to except the fact that I am going to be overweight the rest of my life. Thankfully, I found BCB and I got to a place that I felt I was ready to do this for ME. I wanted to lose weight to be healthy for ME, and I was going back to WW for the last time.

At first, I did fear that I would start out strong and that I would lose motivation. I set small goals, I just wanted my first 5 pounds, then I wanted 10 pounds then my 10%.....

Well, something amazing happened just 4 weeks into my weight loss journey. I started the couch to 5K program. (and I am still running)

Before I knew it, I was 14 weeks OP and I was at my WW goal, I weighed 155 and I was thrilled! I figured I needed a little cushsion, because WW only gives us 2 pounds to play with. Well, by early October, I was in the 140's, in the end of November of '07, I was in the 130's. And by the end of February of '08, I found myself in the 120's. A place I NEVER thought I could or would be.... April 11th marks my 1 year anniversary of being in or below my MR of 125-129 pounds.

Really, with the help of WW and BCB, WE ALL CAN DO THIS! Making goal can be a reality for everyone. Again, if I can do it, you can do it. Believe in yourself, you are worth the efffort!

I do have pictures a couple pages back in this thread, but they aren't updated. The last picture I posted was at my 40 pound loss, wearing my size 8's, now I wear a size 4, and occasionally a size 2. Maybe one of these days I will update it.
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Replies

Default Re: April 11th marks a One Year Anniversary

Congratulations Trudie!

You are *such* an inspiration to me!! I hope you will take new pictures so we can check you out!!
    Kimberley

Replies

Congratulations Trudie nice job you look wonderful. Thank you for being an inspiration.
    Peg

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Replies

Trudi - people like you are the inspiration people like me need in our lives. You are proof that it can be done - thanks for paving the way for folks like me.
    Starting weight. 301.4
    Current weight. 295.4
    1st mini goal. 285
    2nd mini goal. 275
    3rd mini goal. 265.

Thank you for you inspiration. That's what I want to do. @ 5' 6 1/2 I stopped the last time @ 147. I'd like to get to the 130's this time and stay. It seems so elusive and almost greedy to say for myself. I need to get over that ick mind set. That its ok to get to the 140's but not below. what is that?

Sorry to vent on your thread.... You truly are an inspiration.
    Kristi- #4 Duchess Flies Like an Eagle
    Proverbs 31:25

Can you bump your pics up.... I couldn't find em.
    Kristi- #4 Duchess Flies Like an Eagle
    Proverbs 31:25

Replies
    Blog Entries

That's incredible. Sometimes I definately fall into the "I'll never be that small" rut. Man, it's so great to here someone who's actually doing it.

Replies

Congrats!! That is inspiring! I've recently started running, and it is really hard. But hearing from you the things it's done for you, it is really motivating!! Keep it up!

Replies

Congratulations, your story is very motivational!