Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it!!!!

GrandmaLaura57 Guest

Default I did it!!!!

I made GOAL today!!!! A great way to "ring out the old"!!

I'm a bit nervous about the shift from losing to maintaining, but with all my support systems in place I'll be okay.......

I treated myself to a new winter coat, winter boots, and a nice new glass scale to weigh myself on!!

I'm bound and determined to make it to Lifetime!!

2. Default Re: I did it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaLaura57 View Post
    I made GOAL today!!!! A great way to "ring out the old"!!

I'm a bit nervous about the shift from losing to maintaining, but with all my support systems in place I'll be okay.......

I treated myself to a new winter coat, winter boots, and a nice new glass scale to weigh myself on!!

I'm bound and determined to make it to Lifetime!!
    I have not posted here before but I wanted to stop lurking and tell you congratulations! That is wonderful.

GrandmaLaura57 Guest

Default Re: I did it!!!!

Welcome mariposa!!

Thank you for the Congratulations!!

Keep posting, find a home thread that you like, and I think that you'll find us to be a bunch of people who are unlike any others out there!! We're all committed to losing weight and keeping it off.......

I'm starting out on a new part of my journey, but I still have a lot to learn from "New Recruits" as well as "Seasoned Veterans"!! That's what I love about this program!! We all can learn so much from each other.....

WTG! GrandmaLaura! You made it! You reached the goal! Relish the feeling! Drink it all in!

You can do the maintenance also. You have already proven that you are strong enough to lose weight. You just have a new goal along with an already established lifestyle. Lifetime here you come!

*Irene* Thin for Life: Yes!

Replies

Talking Re: I did it!!!!

That is GREAT! What a way to start off the New Year! You should be so proud of your hard work! I hope that by this time next year I will be close!

Replies

How exciting!

This is a HUGE moment. Not just for you but for all of us! You are proof that BCB works, that WW works and that if we stick with it we will all get to goal. I imagine you must be so excited. I am doing backwards cartwheels for you... very very very very happy for you. Congratulations! Tell us more about your journey: when did you start? what were your setbacks/struggles? what advice do you have for the rest of us?
    10/08 256/227
    8/09 245.2

Replies

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

GrandmaLaura57 Guest

Just a quick fly by for tonight to tell everybody Thank you!!

I'll post my story as soon as some of the Holiday hubbub dies down.....

GrandmaLaura57 Guest

This is my story.....

It was New Years of 2007 and I weighed 297 lbs.!! I was having a hard time finding clothing that fit me "off the rack" and my health was going down the drain--literally!! I had a history of High Blood Pressure, Strokes, multiple Hernias, and I feared for furniture that might not hold me!! In October of 2006 I went to Lambeau Field to see my first ever Pro Football game, and could only find a Men's 3x sized jersey to wear!! Walking from the parking lot to the stadium was a chore, as was climbing up to where our seats were. And fitting into my seat was frustrating!!

Even earlier than that I wound up in the emergency room with what I thought was appendicitis, only to find out that I had herniated fat trapped!! I had an MRI that showed that there was also portions of my lower intestines that had herniated too, and my abdominal wall looked like "swiss cheese"!! When I met with the surgeon to discuss getting it repaired, he told me point blank, "Lose 100 lbs. or come in as an emergency...otherwise I'm not touching you!! It's too much of a risk"!!

I met with two Bariatric surgeons, and had to work their program to undergo that for weight loss. But with all the horror stories out there and my history, it was too risky. I lost 17 lbs. by switching to diet soda, and whole wheat bread, so I figured that there had to be a better way to go about the whole weight loss thing, but how?? One thing I did know was that I didn't want to gain it all back!!

One evening I was watching TV and a Weight Watcher's ad came on..... I remember thinking "Now there's something I haven't tried!! I decided to go that next Tuesday. That was March 27, 2007. I weighed 280.4 when I started out and for me the hardest part was going through those doors to that first meeting!! I don't remember what was discussed, but I do remember thinking that this was a plan I could follow!!

I got to 10% doing Core, then had graduation parties and weddings and such coming up, so I switched to Flex. I can remember having to let go of my "fat" clothes!! It was so hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I wouldn't be needing them anymore!! It was also a big day when I first noticed that I had cheek bones!! What a feeling that was!!

By February 2008 I was down 100 lbs. so I called the Surgeon back and paid him a visit!! He didn't remember me at first, but then he looked at my history, and said "Oh the Hernia Lady"!! He thought I had done it through Bariatrics, and was quite shocked when I told him it was all Weight Watcher's!! He referred me to a Plastic Surgeon to help me get rid of a whole mess of hanging skin on my abdomen, and they scheduled the surgeries for March 17th!! They took over 8 lbs. of nasty hanging stuff off my tummy and tucked everything back in!! Recovery was quite painful, but if I had to do it all again, I'd do it in a heartbeat!!

I got to see the Packers play again, in September and it was a much different experience this time!! I could walk to where I needed to be without too much effort. I borrowed my daughter's jersey, and it was actually too big!! And I could sit comfortably and actually enjoy the game!!

The last 10 lbs. to go was the hardest because my body decided that it wanted to start Maintenance early, but I had other ideas!! It seems like I'd gain and lose the same 5 lbs. over and over again all summer long. It was then that I truly learned patience!! First I gave up the 1 and 2 point goodies, then kicked up the AP's!! But it took Momentum to put me at goal!! Gotta' love those "Filling Foods"!!

My current challenge is learning how to maintain, and not lose or (eek!) gain. I plan on getting to Lifetime and beyond!!

Congrats. That is SUPER!

Your next step is to set another goal. We always need to have someting to work towards...

The rewards are so real.

Way to go
    CW
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

TryingWW Guest

Way to go! It is a great story. I would have loved to seen the Dr's face when he realized you did it without bari surgery!

GrandmaLaura57 Guest

Thanks Buddies!!

You're right "Trying" the look on the Doctor's face was priceless!! But his initial words kept ringing in my ears making me all the more determined!! He called Weight Watcher's a "good" program!!

My "primary" doctor is my biggest cheerleaders!! He's a smaller man in stature, and he told me at one point that I had lost the equivalent of his body weight!! I haven't had to see him for a while so when I do I'll be able to tell him that I've lost a Dr. Fenster!!

CW-- My goal is to make it through Maintenance in the 6 weeks allotted!! I worried about not having weight loss goals to focus on, but then I realized that there are still plenty of program goals to focus on if I just take the time to find them!!

Replies

WOW...I am in AWE! What can I say.....???? Congratulations and stay the course and Lifetime will be yours.....
    BRAAAAAAAAVO!

Sue
    S/W - 268.5 lbs
    C/W - 166.8 lbs
    Total lost - 101.7
    Goal Weight - 04/20/08
    Lifetime - 05/21/08
    Became WW leader in December 08

Thanks Jean!

"Many of life's failures, are people who did not realize how close they were to success, when they gave up"

GrandmaLaura57 Guest

Thank you very very much!!

Suzy- your stats are outstanding in their own right!!! You'll be there before you know it!!!

healthydays Guest

I am so glad I read this today. You have absolutely brightened up my whole day!!!! Congratulations. You deserve all the credit. You are an inspiration to all of us. Please keep posting about your journey from here on. We can learn so much from you. I'm a long way to there but in the back of my mind I also fear maintenance. I know I can lose as I've done it before but I have just never maintained and this will be my big challenge this time. I so much look forward to learning from you.

GrandmaLaura57 Guest

I'm still in the fine tuning stage of Maintaining so it will definitely be interesting.....

No matter where we are in our journey we can still learn from each other!! That's what I love about this program!!

I shouldn't read these when I'm at work! I'm a bit misty-eyed by your story!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are literally HALF the person you used to be on the outside, but probably LOTS MORE person on the inside! (Does that even make sense!?!)

Thank you for sharing your story! And SKINNY HUGS to you!!!
    Pugdad Michael

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!
    MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=194025

GrandmaLaura57 Guest

Thank you so much Michael!!! I couldn't have done it without a lot of support from a lot of great people!! And I'm counting my new Buddies among those people who gave me the added push I needed!!

I forgot to add...

I was a bit nervous when I began Maintenance because everyone told me that losing was the easy part but maintaining was hard!

For me, maintaining was the SAME as losing. I just upped my points a teensy bit and kept doing what I'd been doing! We all know here that this isn't a "diet" to get us to our goal weight and then we stop and go back to eating like we used to. We're Weight Watchers for life! (And PROUD to be!)
    Pugdad Michael

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!
    MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=194025

GrandmaLaura57 Guest

All I can say is amen to that.....

Thanks for sharing your truly inspirational story and I know you can do the maintenance!

GrandmaLaura57 Guest

150 lbs. right on the nose for two days straight!!!

Replies

WOW!!! Great job. I too am a Packer Fan and have been to several games myself and just getting to your seat can be a chore. But sitting in those seats is no fun and when your overweight it makes it worse. I bet you had a great time the last time you went. Thank you so much for sharing you journey. Good Luck.
    Jen
    Start Date: July 22, 2010
    SW 209 CW 187.4 GW 145

[

GrandmaLaura57 Guest

Thank you so much Jen!!

I am a few days late, but I just wanted to say Wow. I said it out loud when I read your stats and story...you've lost an entire person and that is beyond IMPRESSIVE.

Maintenance has it's own challenges, but I am sure you will shine through and keep on chugging, given your already apparent unwaivering dedication and strength.

Congrats Congrats Congrats!

I just can't say it enough! Congrats!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast