Thread: A year on Core

Replies

Talking A year on Core

I'm new to BCB but not to WW or core.
    I've lost 45 lbs since joining in December of 2007 (but took several months "off" in the middle due to health reason or I'd probably be at goal by now!)
    I just started back and found this great site, I find it much friendlier than some other boards out there so I'm happy to be here. I'd like to share my journey so far and hope to add more soon!

Link to photo: From 2004 to 159

Default Re: A year on Core

Wow! That's quite a difference! Do you like core? I've never tried it myself. I've been Flex from the start.

FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

Wonderful pictures!

I am a Core girl myself. Have lost the majority of my weight so far on Core! When I do Flex I tend to eat junk with my points....not good.

Congrats! You look great!

Carmen
    Success is not a race, be patient.

Replies

I started on flex but found that I filled up my points with total junk food and used it as an excuse to eat things that were low in points but still bad for me. Eating mostly unprocessed fresh healthy foods has been the best way for me to lose, keep it off, and be healthy. I also get sick less, feel more energy and am much happier!

I did an experiment of sorts - at first I was obsessed with how many calories I was eating (I was a former calorie counter) and I put all my foods into sparkpeople as well to see how many I was eating on core. When it got to a certain number I would stop - but I'd still be hungry. So I stopped doing that, ate what I wanted as long as it was core for a few days and still lost weight in fast lost better - then went back and logged that in and saw that it was a lot more calories than I would normally "allow" myself when on a "diet" and now lose at all! When you eat foods that are good for you body you can actually eat more and weigh less - processed foods and lots of breads and sugar put the weight on, even if they seem lower in points or calories. At least that is my experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Wow! That's quite a difference! Do you like core? I've never tried it myself. I've been Flex from the start.

Replies

Thanks! I feel the same way about the way I was eating on flex. The time I spent on it did teach me about portions and reading labels but after that it was time to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2four70 View Post
    Wonderful pictures!

I am a Core girl myself. Have lost the majority of my weight so far on Core! When I do Flex I tend to eat junk with my points....not good.

Congrats! You look great!

Replies

You look fantastic...I am a core girl too. Thanks for posting that you did it on core and the great pictures....Keep at it...You look great!!!!!

Replies

You look great congratulations on all of that hard work and dedication. I have been on CORE since I started in February and it works wonders for me too! Congratulations.
    Peg

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Replies

Thumbs up Re: A year on Core

Quote Originally Posted by lola_dark View Post

I did an experiment of sorts - at first I was obsessed with how many calories I was eating (I was a former calorie counter) and I put all my foods into sparkpeople as well to see how many I was eating on core. When it got to a certain number I would stop - but I'd still be hungry. So I stopped doing that, ate what I wanted as long as it was core for a few days and still lost weight in fast lost better - then went back and logged that in and saw that it was a lot more calories than I would normally "allow" myself when on a "diet" and now lose at all! When you eat foods that are good for you body you can actually eat more and weigh less - processed foods and lots of breads and sugar put the weight on, even if they seem lower in points or calories. At least that is my experience!
    That's been a lot of people's experience on Core.

I've heard WWLynn say that many times at the Core Forum here at BCB.

That's why I think it's so important not to "count" (calories or points) while doing Core. It just doesn't work.

We're meant to use The Comfort Zone, because that's what does work.
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

You look awesome!
    I am stuck at a plateau and might switch to Core to see if that makes a difference. Been stuck for almost 2 months or so...

Replies

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. Wow, what a difference! I am really struck by what you said about core... I am gearing myself up to switch over because I find that I do eat allot of 'junk' type foods on flex, and that there are simple enough core substitutions for the foods I like to eat... but i'm still pondering it for now.
    10/08 256/227
    8/09 245.2

Well done!

I follow core - as like many others I treat myself badly when i flex. Eat more processed food, and spend my points on all the wrong things.

However, if I raech a plateau I will switch for a week to give my body a kick, but will make sure to stille at well.

Core suits me & my family. I don't want my kids to grow up watching me count points for everything I eat - I prefer that we all eat a healthier way.

Keep up the good work!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Aditswimbug Guest

You're doing so well! A big congratuations and BCB hug to you! I've never believed in calories in/calories out. Your body definetely does different things with healthy foods as opposed to "not so healthy" foods. It's as if the healthy choices are processed easier (they are more natural) and utilized by the body instead of the body saying, "What is that?"

13. Default Re: A year on Core

Congrats you are doing so well! Keep it up!