Thread: Third Anniversary!

Talking Third Anniversary!

Three years ago today, I started WW, not sure if it would work or how I'd do with it, but willing to give it a fair try. I followed the program pretty carefully (Flex - points) and lost over 50 lbs. in about a year's time. After maintaining for about 9 months using points, I tried Core, and since then (for about the past 15 months) have been maintaining using Core.

I'm so grateful that WW is such a good program and that it has given me a way to lose the weight and keep it off. Yes, there are times that I'm frustrated that I can't eat like I used to, and I still have to be pretty careful when I go out to eat (it is AMAZING to me just how high-points many restaurant foods are - makes it clear why the USA has a weight problem!), but it's worth it when I look in the mirror and see a body that is normal sized - some days it even seems slender - and I still sometimes can't believe that it's mine!

I'm also grateful for what I've learned about exercising. I was such an exercise-phobe! I would laugh when I'd see women out power walking. Now I'm a Leslie Sansone junkie, and I love both the physical and psychological effects of regular exercise. There are days when I'm too busy or tired to exercise, and I nearly always regret it. But there are also times (like last week) when I notice that I'm in pretty good shape. It was a real morale-booster when a male colleague and I went up 4 flights of stairs in a parking garage, and he was winded and tired, and I was fine. He's probably 15-20 years younger than I am and not terribly overweight, so I was pretty pleased with myself!

Anyway, just wanted to celebrate the anniversary with my buddies!
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

Default Re: Third Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!

May you have many many more! Thanks for your insightful post and for being an inspiration.
    • HW-142 CW-118
    • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

Happy WW Anniversary!!!! You're a great inspiration to us all!!

Replies

Happy anniversary WTG.
    TwDiva

"If you don't want to change then do nothing"

Three YEARS - wow -- that is impressive. Talk about taking the long view ... and making it a lifestyle.

For many of us who are still thinking in terms of "getting through the day" and "weekly weigh-ins," it is helpful and energizing to hear about someone who thinks in years. You're an inspiration.

Kos

Replies

WTG Des and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
    Moe

Quote Originally Posted by Kosciusko View Post
    Three YEARS - wow -- that is impressive. Talk about taking the long view ... and making it a lifestyle.

For many of us who are still thinking in terms of "getting through the day" and "weekly weigh-ins," it is helpful and energizing to hear about someone who thinks in years. You're an inspiration.

Kos
    I still think in days and even moments now - weight loss/gain is really just a series of choices that when they add up, really produce results! Fortunately WW has given me a system that helps me to make better choices than the ones I'd made previously. The inspiration and ideas I've gotten on this board (first visited it at about 8 months in) have really been helpful.
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06