Thread: 35 pounds gone..

Default 35 pounds gone..

I decided it was time to share some pictures. I've been on WW since 3/07 and I've lost 35 pounds - the first 30 were easy and fairly quick - the last 5 have been so hard to lose and I'm about 20 away from goal. I recently visited with out of state family for Christmas - haven't seen them since last Christmas (pre WW) and no one said anything about my weight loss. I was so disappointed. I worked really hard to get this far and I needed the boost.

Before - 3/07 *********** -20 pounds - 6/07 ****** -35 pounds - 12/07

Cheryl
    This, I can control - I can do this....

SW 191 3/20/07; CW 156.2; GW 137?

Replies

Default Re: 35 pounds gone..

Congratulations on your weight loss. There's definately a difference! You look great. Keep up the good work and you'll be at goal before you know it.
    Trudie
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07
    CW: phat PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

3. Default Re: 35 pounds gone..

You look great! Your weight loss is obvious. Sometimes it's hard for people to comment about weight loss either because they don't want to hurt your feelings or because their jealous. Keep up the great work!

You look wonderful and I can tell a big difference. I had the same experience. I had lost 20-30 pounds and nobody noticed. I just could not understand it. I looked better and felt better. Then when I hit 50 pounds down people started asking me if I had lost weight. I wanted to scream "HELLO?????" but I just said "yes and thank you for noticing". Keep up the work and others will start taking notice.
    Jina

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as long as we are here we might as well dance! - Andy Rooney

I see a big difference, especially in your face. You look fantastic!
    Don't be discouraged. People were either jealous, or didn't want to embarrass you by bringing up your weight.
    Can't wait to see your goal photos!

SW and HW-198
    CW-192.5

Quote Originally Posted by Allysmom View Post
    You look wonderful and I can tell a big difference. I had the same experience. I had lost 20-30 pounds and nobody noticed. I just could not understand it. I looked better and felt better. Then when I hit 50 pounds down people started asking me if I had lost weight. I wanted to scream "HELLO?????" but I just said "yes and thank you for noticing". Keep up the work and others will start taking notice.
    Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate the comments!

Allysmom - I had a few interesting comments so far too - "Well, you've lost a lot of weight, was that on purpose?" duh...how else do you lose weight? accidentially? Or do I look ill? I didn't really respond to that one. Another weird one was "did your husband leave you or you having an affair?" ???

Cheryl
    This, I can control - I can do this....

SW 191 3/20/07; CW 156.2; GW 137?

You look fab. Keep up the great work!
    Karen

8. Default Re: 35 pounds gone..

Wow you look great and I can def. tell a difference. I agree with the other ladies...maybe your family was jealous or didn't want to bring up weight cuz it's a sensitive subject. Either way you look great and you'll be at goal in no time!

Cheryl, you've done a great job. Don't let mindless chatter rain on your parade. Your buddies here know the hard work it takes to stay on target.
    Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime
    4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115
    Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

Cheryl,
    You look fabulous!! Don't be discouraged, I think people don't want to bring up weight in case it embarasses us.

You go girl!

Michelle
    Michelle SW 180/ CW 180/ WWG 125

There's a big difference! I know that nobody noticed my weight loss until I hit 35 pounds, and even then, most people don't notice.

Keep working! You're doing great!
    Nita

Replies
    Blog Entries

The difference is VERY noticeable! I can imagine your disappointment on the no comment from the family. I understand the slow down, that is where I feel that I am. I did really good on the first 110 pounds, but these last 35 are hanging on for dear life!

Be encouraged, we will make it through this!

Lesa
    HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART
    *RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

ur weight loss is very noticeable and I have realized that a lot of my associates and friends haven't commented on my loose either. Once I began talking about it, they said they didn't want to bring it up because they didn't want to offend me...either way, we support u! U look awesome and keep up the good work!

people will start commenting before you know it. it took about 30 pounds for me before people commented. I started getting the most comments at about 40-45 pounds down. good thing we have the support here at bcb.
    Colette
    SW 224.4-- July 25, 2007
    CW 168.6
    GW 169
    PGW 160
    Total lost: 58.8 pounds
    Made goal: March 26, 2008
    http://childrenaregiftsfromgod.blogspot.com/

Cool Re: 35 pounds gone..

Weight and weight loss are such snickety subjects that it's hard to know what to do or say. For a long time I didn't, now I give praise and ask how they did it and stuff like that. I usually don't ask if they're having an affair, though. I figure it isn't any of my business anyway.
    Tish
    Onward and Downward

Smile Re: 35 pounds gone..

Sorry, forgot to say, you do look wonderful!
    Tish
    Onward and Downward

You look great.. I think t hat sometimes family won't say things cause, they are afriad of feelings getting hurt like they thought you were fat before or something. I have lost 17.8 and no one was saying anything. My brother in law said something to me on Saturday but, it was in the lines of
    Carolyn (other sil) said you joined weight watchers. How much have you lost? When I told him he asked what I wanted to loose and when I told him 60 more he said "Oh, your getting there".

shihtzuX2 Guest

I see a tremendous difference in your face (not to mention a big radiant smile) in your "after" picture. Great job!!