Traction: The friction between a body and the surface on which it moves (as between an automobile tire and the road)

What happens when you've lost contact with the WW road? You feel like you're hydroplaneing, close to slipping down the slippery slope. What can you do?

1. Recognize you're still in the car. You're moving! If you weren't trying to get somewhere you wouldn't be concerned. You want to stop the slide and move ahead. That sense of panic is because you care about yourself.

2. Realize some weather conditions are more hazardous to drive in. Life isn't always pleasant. There are challenges to overcome. You may be in a hard driving spot, and that's okay. Acknowledge your hard times but don't use them as a reason to drive erratically.

3. Slow down. Get back to basics--water, journaling, measuring, exercise. Make small achievable goals for today: I will walk for 15 minutes. I will drink 4 cups of water. I will journal. Then do those things. Doing is how you regain traction.

4. Use your wipers--You have friends, tools, resources. You're not in this alone! Read through the training manual. PM a buddy. You're not the first person to lose a grip with the road.

5. Remember the sun will shine again. It will! Taking it one day at a time will cause the sun to come back into your WW journey. If you've had a rough day, get back on track the soonest moment. Right now. Decide you're worth every effort, no matter how small. Fake it till you make it means move ahead! Movement on the WW road causes traction. :bcbsalute