Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Before and now and still losing...

Talking Before and now and still losing...then gaining again

Jan. 2009: Happy New year to all. Well I am down to 152. I feel that only losing 15 lbs is not a lot in 3 months, but you know what, it is. So I have a new found thing...beside running (and see below my story) I am also in the Mrs. Wisconsin United States Pageant. I have the title of Mrs. Washington County. Feel free to see my picture on gomrswisconsin.com under online photogenic contest. I am very excited to do this. I am very dedicated to losing some more weight before the pageant on Feb. 28 and I know I can do it. Keep your mind in it and you call can do whatever you want to do. Good luck to all.

Sept. 2008: (
    For those of you that are losing weight and have increased your exercise and weight lifting...I found out that when completely increasing it, your muscles gain water which will actually make you gain weight...realized that when I weighed in this past weekend...gained 1.6 lbs after having a heavy week of training and eating 100% to the ww plan. By today the weight went down...so don't be discouraged like I was, it will drop off when your muscles get use to the workouts!!)

Okay so to tell you the truth, I forgot all about this site...my life got crazy and busy. I found it again, but trying to figure out how to use it again is another story...Here is my updated story. You may want to read under "WRITTEN IN 2006" before you read just below here to get my story.

So yes, I made it to lifetime and yes I looked great. I felt great...oh my god I can't tell you how much I loved my body. Well I ended up going up to 148lbs which still, my body looked the same and looked great. So a year ago, Sept. 2007 I went to Ireland and realized when I was there that I thought I was pregnant again. So the day after we got home, took a test and yup!! Okay so it would be my second child. I felt that I knew enough about eating, working out, etc to control the weight going on. But man was I wrong. I got very sick during my preggo that I had to stop working out all together. I tried walking when I could but could not run. I gained 49 lbs...more than with my first.

So I had my second baby boy 3 months ago almost to the day. I have dropped 30 so far but I am sitting at 165.6 pounds only to weigh in today and am now at 167. Yes I went up. (see the parenthesis after Sept. 2008) I am struggling again. I watch what I eat, track religiously and big time started running/exercising this week. I slowly worked up to it. The leader thinks with going at it big time now that my muscles are retaining water??? Think so, who knows. I am frustrated but seeing these pics again makes me realize i can do it again, can't I???

I was an inspiration for many and plan to be again. Today I decided, after a long cry to my hubby about the way I look, I am going to try the Core plan this week and see what happens.

So I think I need people to tell me now that I can do it again...I need the boosting right now. Any ideas on how to get off this major plateau, please tell me. I will keep you updated!! 9/13/08=167lbs

Hips: 40 1/2 in.
    Waist: 33 in.

Written in 2006:

I am still sitting at 130 lbs. Maybe my body won't let me lose anymore but that is fine. I am still trying to run. The girl I run with developed a tumor and had to have surgery so I am not running as much but we are doing another half marathon in Sept. It is hard running by yourself but I am getting there. Keep up the good work everyone!!!
    MY STORY:
    If I can do it, anyone can. I had a baby in 8/04 and just kept gaining. I had never ever been that big my entire life. I was always a runner, thin, muscular but totally lost it all after I had my baby. None of my clothes fit, gee I think we have all been there. I was sick of crying about it so I did something about it and joined Weight Watchers summer '05 with my sister and our friend. Here I am now 46 pounds lighter and still going. My friend and I have dedicated 3-5 times a week since Sept. '05 to running. We are now running 5-6 miles a night and are going to be running a half-marathon May '06. What a change my life has been. I feel better, look better and am eating so much better. I never stick to anything so that is why I say...If I can do it, you can do it!!! Believe in yourself. Take time for yourself and know, it takes time to reach your goals.

Me @ 189 lbs in 12/04

Me @ 130 lbs as of 5/14/06

After Cellcom Green Bay WI half marathon May 21, 2006

Was in 2004:
    hips 44 inches (if not more)
    Waist: 38 inches (if not more)

Now in 2006:
    hips: 35
    Waist: 27 inches

I went from a size 16 (if not more) to a size 3/4 in Misses and a size 7 in Juniors and loving it.

Liz
    Last edited by lizzie1977; 01-13-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: more updates

Replies

Thumbs up Re: Before and now and still losing...

Liz! What an inspiration. You keep up the good work.. You look great..

~J
    ~ Janna ~

Recommit-3/3/08
    HW220/CW182/GW132
    Total loss 38

sotm121097 Guest

Default Re: Before and now and still losing...

wow you look great seeing that is very motivational...

That is awesome! You sure do look MUCH happier in the 2nd photo, and rightly so! GOOD JOB! You look like a hot mama!

Thanks to those who have responded so far. I am not one to show off pictures but man, if I can do it, everyone can. Believe me. If you knew me you would believe it. Yes, I was terribly embarrassed by the first picture as you can see with my wonderful facial expression and a lot better in the 2nd pic. Man, I hate pictures.:clown:

Thanks again and hope you are all succeeding also!!

Replies

Wow thats awesome!!! you are def an inspiration I am about where you used to be and my gw is 130 for me however 150 for ww goal.... I can't wait to the day where I am where you are!!!
    Christie
    Proud member of the buddy system
    10/14/2010- 210.2
    10/28/2010- 201.1

You look so great - happy and healthy. Great work. It's so inspirational to see over and over again that it really works! And you are the poster child for EXERCISE~!
    Made Lifetime - 2/8/06!
    Highest Weight - 167 (twice, almost 3 times)
    150/?/133
    Lost 13 lbs doing low-sugar, low-carb and excited about the new WW plan!
    See my blog at Carbzilla.

addictedtobrew Guest

You look so much happier and healthier. Keep up the great work. What an inspiration you are.

dolphinlover Guest

Liz you look great!!! Good job and congrats;
    Michelle

Oh my gosh what a diffrence! Pat yourself on the back! You look FAB!
    Erin
    SW/273.2 CW/268 Total Lost 5.2
    1st Mini goal: 10 lbs

Congratulations on your success! You look amazing !
    SW 235
    CW 235
    GW 140
    Loss so far: 0
    Start date: 11/24/08

You look great! Thanks for the inspiration
    Ciao
    Teresa
    sw kg 94.80 (208.8 lb) cw Kg 66.8 (147 lb)
    1st gw: kg 83.00 (183 lb) 22 DEC 04
    2nd gw:kg 75.00 (165.2) 30 MAY 05
    3rd gw: kg 70.30 (155 lbs) nov 06
    4th gw: kg 67.50 (148.5 lbs) dec 06
    last gw: kg 60.00 (132 lb)

" Non mollare l'osso"

13. Default Re: Before and now and still losing...

I thank everyone who is willing to share their pictures to inspire others. You look fantastic. :bcbsalute:bcbsalute

Replies

You look so awesome!!! Not only did you lose the weight, but it sure looks like you toned up a lot too! That's what I need to do myself, because I've lost about ~48lbs but am still flabby =\
    Lele
    Lifetime since July '06
    SW: 193.4/ WWGW: 132 / CW: 120.2 1/4/10)
    Weight loss is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but the results are beyond rewarding.

Wow! you look terrific! I started at ww at a little below what you did and you are at my goal weight. It's very motivating to see someone like you in before and after...you sure toned up! Thanks for sharing.
    Teri

Re-Joined WW 11/01/06

Height: 5'4"---Starting Weight: 190
    Current Weight: 187.3
    Christmas Goal: 180
    Goal Weight: 142

wandaf Guest

Oh my gosh! Can I just say how utterly JEALOUS I am of your flat tummy??? I swear I have the ugliest stomach on the face of the earth and it is getting smaller but still so funky looking! You look amazing though and I am green with envy! Congratulations hon! You deserve them!

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR ALL THE GREAT COMMENTS. TRUST ME, YOU WILL ALL BE THERE. PUT YOUR HEART INTO IT. WHEN I WORK OUT I JUST KEEP THINKING, WOW I WILL LOOK AWESOME IN A SUIT THIS YEAR AND CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW OFF A NEW BIKINI. JUST KEEP THINKING THAT. YOU WILL ALL GET THERE!!! I BELEIVE IN YOU ALL.

Replies

Wow, you look EXCELLENT. What great motivation. Thank you so much for sharing!!
    Kimberley
    Sw: 282.3 Cw: 258.6 Stgw: 260 Ltgw: 180
    I can do anything I put my mind to!
    Recommited 11/03/07

Current Size: 20

Thanks for sharing Lizzie. I am in a similar position now as you were last year. I am at my all time high and just had my 3rd baby 12 weeks ago. I started ww at 5 weeks postpartum and am sooooo glad I did. I have also always loved running and actually did do my first mini marathon in Indianapolis in '04 and it was a BLAST! I plan to do it again May of '07.

Your pics are encouraging and motivating. You look awesome and you should be very proud. I will get there!
    Kris
    Kris: Proud mom of 3 little ones
    Started: 12/7/05
    sw: 210
    CW: 153
    1st 10 lbs.1/11
    2nd Star & 10% 2/8
    3rd Star 3/15
    4th Star & 20%4/12
    5th Star 6/14
    Total loss: -57
    Goal: 145

Got2BeThin Guest

You look great...thanks for sharing.

wow, wow, wow!!

my top weight after baby #3 was 197. I'm on my way down and look forward to being where you are!!
    kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

22. Default Re: Before and now and still losing...

CONGRATULATIONS !!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!
    SW: 228.80, 9/15/ 05
    WW: 173.00, 9/15/06
    WW: 170.00, 9/15/07
    01/07/06: 25lbs Gone!!!!, WW 25lb. Magnet
    01/21/06: Reached ONEDERLAND!!!!
    08/05/06: Reached LIFETIME !!!
    : Total Loss FOREVER: (-58.80)
    Maintaining: 170.00
    GW: 180.00

Congratulations on your success thus far, lizzie. Although I don't aspire to fit into a bikini so I won't use that as motivation, I am glad to hear that those of us who never finish anything can get to goal .

Even when you've joined WW as many times as I have and have been close enough to goal to touch it, it is still encouraging to hear someone else making real progress.

Keep it up and off .

GTF
    SW: 204.6 Highest ever
    CW: 186.5 Thank Goodness
    10%:183.6 Fantastic
    GW: 155 Excellent!

In regard to losing: Every ounce counts!

24. Thumbs up Re: Before and now and still losing...

You look so wonderful! How long did it take you to lose all that weight?
    Back for the very last time!
    I can do it

25. Default Re: Before and now and still losing...

OK, how did you get such flat abs. Did you do alot of situps? and/ or alot of ??
    SW: 228.80, 9/15/ 05
    WW: 173.00, 9/15/06
    WW: 170.00, 9/15/07
    01/07/06: 25lbs Gone!!!!, WW 25lb. Magnet
    01/21/06: Reached ONEDERLAND!!!!
    08/05/06: Reached LIFETIME !!!
    : Total Loss FOREVER: (-58.80)
    Maintaining: 170.00
    GW: 180.00

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast